Are you fricken kidding me?

I would definitely be down for a better pink color, but I hope they never paint in cement bunker gray again. #WentThere

3 Likes

I didn’t like the pink originally, but after the second visit, I was fine with it. By third visit, I can say I like it. I prefer the previous version, but if it never goes back I am perfectly fine with that.

2 Likes

Spent one full day and two partial days in October, and wasn’t swayed past it looking god awful. I am not expecting it to change much when I return next month.

I meant three separate trips. First time in August 2020. Second in December, 2020. Third time May 2021. I was really opposed to it when they first did it. Like, a lot. But now? I like it a lot.

2 Likes

:grin: Okay, we can chat after my July trip.

1 Like

I do not like that pink, I do not. I’ve been looking at it for over a year now and it still hurts my eyes and sensibilities in general :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

My tree is still outside on the stand :flushed: but its also just me and DH. Neither felt like decorating.

3 Likes

Our (me, dh, dd20, & ds 16) tree was purchased last Tuesday night and went up Friday afternoon.

None of the outside lights went up, and none of the inflatables.

We have all been so stressed and I am proud I was able to get the tree done and all the gifts wrapped (on Christmas eve) for Christmas morning.

4 Likes

Mine wouldn’t have been if my daughter hadn’t been in the decorating mood. It was mostly her…

2 Likes

Wow. Just gorgeous! I’ve always wanted to see the glittery Christmas lights on the castle. We went to WDW last week, because when I booked our trip I thought we’d be getting the glitter castle. The projections were fine. We all said “oh, that looks cool!” But my “WDW at Christmas” wish was not the dreamy experience I’d always thought it would be.

3 Likes

This photo from December 2020 sure makes me think Christmas sweater

5 Likes

This.

Christmas 2020 we missed our Christmas lunch at TGI Friday’s. It’s so festive there and fun, it’s great if you’re a small group of gray haired folk. One nice young man even complimented my shawl one really cold Christmas. He should get a medal for sincerity.

But this year, we could have our Christmas lunch. They were to be open. :hugs: :yum: :sunglasses:

Instead I woke up sick the morning of Christmas Eve and haven’t felt getting well was likely until this afternoon. (I actually even contemplated an Urgent Care clinic visit. :roll_eyes: ) Nope, not even covid. Stomach bug.

I am thankful to be feeling this much better. Oh wait. Different holiday.

2 Likes

I thought the 2000s style icicles looked pretty tacky TBH…

2 Likes

I like the projections but also have not seen the lights so i have nothing to compare it to. I think, like someone else said, the projections make it look like the castle is wrapped as a present. The colors are bright and crisp.

4 Likes

Here were the castle projections from 2020. Not the best photography, but still pretty.

4 Likes

Decent photos - your phone did better with the lights than my niece’s phone.

She took these as well. I’ve always just recalled the color. Just realized - these are not projections tho.

1 Like

Those are the same ones as this year.

Did they add any? I figured they reused them, but wasn’t sure if they added any more.

I’ve had a horrifying realisation. I’ve become one of those “Wishes was better than HEA” people. “The icicle castle is better than the projection one.”

The projection castle is stunning. If you’d never seen the icicle one you’d think the projection one was awesome.

4 Likes

I don’t think so.