Are there any attractions/shows you've yet to experience?

Back in 2007 the kids were 2yo and 6.5yo during our trip. Dh and I took advantage of Ellen’s Energy Adventure to encourage the kids to crash for a short nap, and afterwards we took turns riding Mission Space for the first time while they continued to sleep.

We discussed the Green vs Orange decision and dh went off to ride while I sat on a bench near the MS exit w/ the nappers. While I was waiting a group of teenagers came out excited that they received Puke Passes. Apparently, while they were riding Orange someone in the section they were in got very sick …everyone that wasn’t sick received a FP to come back and ride again.

Dh emerged from the exit soon after, he opted for Green and I told him about the teenagers and how that sealed my decision to skip Orange.

That was 14 years ago and my vestibular system is far more fragile now than it was back then …which means Orange will stay on my “Yet to Experience” list!

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, I was expecting it to be your DH who had puked.

5 Likes

LOL…I half expected it at the time. Especially since when I was pregnant w/ ds, he took dd to a local carnival where he went on one too many spinny rides w/ her …and got sick. Somehow he managed to not get sick on dd, but he apparently had some challenges in avoiding her. His shirt and shorts did not survive the ride well however!

2 Likes

I finally went over to Tom Sawyer Island in July. My dad always told us it cost extra, and even until recently I believed him. (He claims he really thought it did and wasn’t just telling us that to not have to go over there. In his defense, he had previously only been to Disneyland when they still had the ticket books, so if they had used their tickets, it would have cost extra…)

I think I would have enjoyed it more as a kid. But I am glad I have gone over there. (I will just say those caves are dangerously dark. Most of us out when I was were using the flashlight on our phones to keep from concussing ourselves on the walls or bits hanging down!)

3 Likes

MK: Country Bear Jamboree (I so wish I had chosen this instead of Tom Sawyer Island on my last trip!), Hall of Presidents (hoping to catch it in October)
EP: Impressions de France, Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long, Reflections of China, Canada Far and Wide
HS: Lightning McQueen
AK: Animation Experience (watched it at home on YouTube)

1 Like

Flashlights? That’s cheating! But I agree…when your eyes are adjusted to the bright sun, once you get into the caves you have to just stand around first to prevent being blind.

2 Likes

My upcoming trip is my “trip of firsts.” Every ADR is new to both me & dd. It will also be our first visit to Galaxy’s Edge. We were going to do a split stay with two new resorts, (Poly/AoA) but it made better sense to switch AoA to Pop.

MK
Casey Jr. Splash N Soak Station (kids were too big/old for it once it opened)
Casey’s Corner Pianist
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Flag Retreat
Frontierland Shooting Arcade
The specific character meet & greets. We have met most of them over the years, before the more formal M&Gs came about.
Disney Enchantment

The only thing on this list in our upcoming plan is Disney Enchantment.

EPCOT
Awesome Planet
Beauty and the Beast Sing Along
Mariachi Cobre
Mission Space: Orange
Harmonious
Remy

These are all in the plan with the exception of MS: Orange! I didn’t add the Holiday stuff in the list. We saw all the Santas years ago, but have never done the Candlelight Processional…that is a bucket list item for me.

DHS
Disney Movie Magic
Droid Depot
Frozen Sing Along
Lightning McQueen
Mickey & Minnies Runaway Railway
Millenium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
Savi’s Workshop
Rise of the Resistance
Wonderful World of Animation

All on the plan except for building droids and light sabers, we are waiting for dh to be with us to do that.

AK
The Animation Experience
Feathered Friends in Flight
TriceraTop Spin
Shows/Entertainment: Bollywood Beats, Divine, DJ Anaan, Harambe Village Acrobates, Karibu Sisters, Kora Tinga Tinga, Viva Street Band
Wilderness Explorers
Kite Tails

Feathered Friends in Flight is in our plan, and we will definitely stop and enjoy any of the entertainment. I am very excited that we will be there for the first day of Kite Tails!

Non-Park Attractions/Shows
Hoop de Doo Review
Polynesian Luau
Cirque du Soleil
ALL THE TOURS!! Especially Keys to the Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek

Unfortunately, none of these are available during our trip :frowning:

3 Likes

There’s a lot of stuff we haven’t done, but the most embarasing is that I’ve never gone on Hall of Presidents. Well that or People Mover. I probably did these as a kid in about 1984 when I went the first time.

2 Likes

Oh I also didn’t do AS2. Adding it to my list for Sept

In all my years of traveling JellyRolls

Buy the time the kids were old enough to go we missed it…

I hear it’s returning but with new preformers

We haven’t done JellyRolls either.

1 Like

I actually get vertigo in those caves but I still think they are neat. I also use my flashlight to prevent the vertigo and the concussion that could come from me thinking I’m rocking and rolling, trying to counter that and actually really just making myself fall. Lol

1 Like

Bourne Stunt spectacular was great! Saw it two weeks ago. Hope you get a chance to see it! I heard the Horror makeup show was funny but its on my list for next trip.

2 Likes

Awesome. It’s definitely on my must see list.

We did both the Bourne show and the horror makeup show when we went in June-both were great and definite repeats when we go again!

1 Like