Are Magic bands necessary?

I don’t think they ship MB’s to Canada. I had to have my AP band shipped to my brothers house in the US.

2 Likes

oh, I don’t know about this? Then they wouldn’t ship to the UK either? @missoverexcited?

1 Like

I just purchase one for my Sept 23 trip and they said I have to pick it up there
And I’m in Canada

3 Likes

No they’ve never shipped outside mainland USA. We can’t even order one for our trip next year in advance, we have to buy it when we get there.

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear this! It was always exciting to receive the ‘non-descript’ white box in the mail. It marked the beginning of a trip in our house.

2 Likes

Yes we were really jealous. It was still fun to pick them up at the front desk.

2 Likes

For our trip in August the bands for our Resort stay were only able to be picked up at the hotel. Bands for our AP renewal were shipped directly to our house, although I managed to time it where they delivered on the Monday AFTER we left. D’oh!

Picking up the Magic Bands at the front desk was a good excuse to talk to someone about our room assignment, find out we weren’t in the building I hoped for and requested to be moved to a room with a better view which was nice…

1 Like

I’m thinking each of us will order one thru MDE and pick those up at the front desk,
And each of us will order a second one thru Shop Disney that they will mail to us (there doesn’t appear to be a shipping warning re only to the US) that we can link to our account in advance.

Now if only their selection wasn’t so mediocre… I’m blaming Genie

ETA: If I purchased one now thru MDE, they’d have to set it aside until I check-in… in 7 months!!!
Most stores can’t set things aside for 7 hours without losing them

1 Like

I really worried about that last time when DS had a premium one (plain were still free) but they did have them. Neither of them worked for automatic ride pics though.

1 Like