Are kids meals age specific?

DH & I don’t like to eat big meals in the theme parks, we prefer to eat more smaller meals/snacks. Can we order kids meals?

3 Likes

You definitely can at QS with no issue. At TS you can try but may be charged for an adult meal, especially if it’s prix fixe. I think it is up to the discretion of the CM. I have done this a few times for my son who is now a “Disney adult” and was not questioned, even at BoG, but he looks young. So not sure if they’d always say yes to an actual adult.

3 Likes

My daughter is an adult and does this all the time at UOR. No one will blink an eye. They are happy to take whatever amount of money you want to give them than start an “issue” over a kids meal!

My DD22 is one of those people that only eats about 1/3 of what most people do! That just means I often get to eat 2 items!! :crazy_face: :innocent:

Furthermore, IME - UOR is very “chill” about their “rules” when it comes to things like this.

4 Likes

Thanks. It definitely isn’t about saving money, we just like to sample lots of different things. I was thinking this way if we split a fish & chips we won’t be too full for ice cream afterwards :slight_smile:

4 Likes

At regular table service we have ordered from the child menu with no difficulty and paid child prices. At buffets you be charged adult prices. At fancier restaurants we have ordered from the appetizer choices as being more interesting than the kids’ menu.

At QS we’re likely to get the combo meal where available and share.

1 Like

Thanks, I don’t see us doing any buffets but we definitely like to share plates during the day.

2 Likes

I love Tusker House for all the different foods. I will only put a small amount - like a bite or two - on my plate. It winds up looking like an artist palette. I try to put the small amounts so that I can identify what’s what and where I got it. In case it’s worth another couple of bites.

It is noisy tho the character interactions are fun.

I really hate to eat too much. I will only have a small amount on the tip of the serving spoon.

FYI - There are no buffet meals inside the Universal parks or CityWalk. The only buffets are the breakfast ones at the three Premier hotels :innocent: :innocent:

Not trying to be the “actually” guy, but it seems like you may have confused this thread with Disney… :innocent: :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I did. Thanks

Tiny letters under the headline :smile::grin::laughing:

1 Like

No worries! Thanks for understanding that I was only trying to clarify and not being some troll!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Well, you could be a clarifying troll. :thinking:

(Sounds like some weird complexion treatment :flushed::smile:)

2 Likes

Completely ignore all my comments! :smiling_face:

I hang out on too many other social media sites!! So many people aren’t trying to help, but show how “correct” they can be :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve been there.

Now I’m here.

Also, no buffets at Universal !?!!!

No wonder we’re always at WDW. :upside_down_face::wink:

1 Like

But the hotel breakfast buffets are amazing.

4 Likes

Well. That’s cool, then. :blush:

1 Like

They’ll have to rip the minion kids menu out of my cold dead hands!

1 Like

100% true! I try to make time for one each trip. I love The Kitchen at HRH!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like