Are DVC members dumping contracts?

Absolutely agree.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll say that having stayed in 1BR for the first time this last trip I think Iā€™m sold on the 2BR as our goal for all family trips.

Man we are spoiled.

5 Likes

Iā€™m on board with a 2BR, just donā€™t see the value of a 1BR. If someoneā€™s sleeping in the living room, someoneā€™s sleeping in the living room. And I see DH all the time. Iā€™m certainly not going to Disney for ā€œaloneā€ time. :joy:

2 Likes

Absolutely.

I actually brought the coffeemaker into our bathroom because I didnā€™t want to bother the kids who were sleeping in the living room.

2 Likes

Sorry but you are spoiled.:kissing_heart: Iā€™m not willing to use points like that. Iā€™m stingy.

3 Likes

Just for the family trips.

Solo or just us = studio :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seriously I am in tears from laughing right now.

3 Likes

Do you want to adopt some children? Mine would love to spread out in some thing other than the studio.

3 Likes

Your very kind, lol. Iā€™d let that puppy brew.
Actually when my kids were young and we had a 1BR situation, we gave the kiddles the master and slept on the sofa sleeper. It was just easier and saved $ rather than renting 2 BRs just so the toddlers could have their own room and we didnā€™t have to tip toe around sleeping hours.

4 Likes

If they wake up then my alone time (not THAT kind of alone time :roll_eyes: ) is over.

My favorite part of the day is coffee by myself.

4 Likes

I donā€™t get that very often. I dream about it. And Iā€™ve been prepping DH for ā€œitā€™s time I had me timeā€. I though maybe I could leave DH home in the future for solo trips but he got so sad about my upcoming moms/ sisters trip we had to invite the husbands. He didnā€™t realize I mean business. You donā€™t wanna goā€¦ fine, sayonara. My kids are grown and itā€™s finally time I do what I want. I havenā€™t had much me time since I was a baby, seriously.

2 Likes

Butā€¦butā€¦

Okay, in a sense, I agree with you. But we like a 1 bedroom over a studio for a few reasonsā€¦having in room laundry, having a full kitchen, and the fact that I can sleep/nap in the afternoon, and my wife can go about her businessā€¦plus, in the morning when I wake up early, I donā€™t have to worry about waking her prematurely.

Having said that, for 2024, we will having to do part of our stay in a studio, for sure, because we switched all 8 days of our upcoming trip to a 1 bedroom.

3 Likes

All of this.

Provided someone isnā€™t sleeping in the living room as we just experienced I also feel the 1BR can feel more like home than hotel.

The in-room laundry is a game changer. We got all four of us through 10 days on just 2 suitcases using packing cubes and in-room laundry on the regular. Super fantastic

1 Like

I have stayed in studios and 1 bedrooms. I have not checked a bag since my last cruise in 2019 but I have no problem running to the free laundry if needed. It generally takes me less than 2 minutes to walk to a machine. I might feel different at SSR?

2 Likes

Is the free laundry for DVC available to check the status on on-line, same as the paid-for laundry in the other resorts?

When we stayed at Pop Century in August 2020, we ended up spending quite a huge sum of money on laundry, but it was nice being able to follow the progress and availability on-line!

Yes, laundry view also shows the DVC laundry. I have had mixed results with the accuracy but I have never had an issue getting a washer/dryer. I understand Poly can be tough but I have used Kidani, BW, CC, and BLT.

The difference is not needing to stick around through a wash or dry cycle. Pop the wash in on the way out in the morning, swap it over to dry when youā€™re back later on before you hit the pool. Or wash in the way out in the evening and dry as you go to bed. Never worry if someone will move your stuff.

Iā€™ve certainly gone to the laundry and have no problem doing it. But in room is just that much more convenient.

4 Likes

Yeah, exactly.

Now, when we go in January 2024, we actually only plan on 1 park day, but staying 4 nights (after our 4 night cruise)ā€¦so, utilizing the free laundry room instead is something we might consider, since we are planning to have relaxed outside the parks days, doing things we donā€™t otherwise (such as the Cirque de Soleil show, etc). We would have less need to worry about having to stick around, since we are sticking around anyhow! :slight_smile:

yā€™know whatā€™s even more convenient?

Not doing laundry, period.

Get outta here with these ā€œoh space so i donā€™t wake others up earlyā€ or ā€œI like doing laundry in the hotel room.ā€

Itā€™s a hotel room, not an apartment. Itā€™s only for a week (if that). Suck it up :wink:

(iā€™m joking. It doesnā€™t impact me none.)

12 Likes

I have no idea why Iā€™m even reading this threadā€¦. But I agree with the reasoning for more space when traveling with kids.

Coffee. :heavy_check_mark:
Quick breakfast items :heavy_check_mark:
A little laundryāœ”ļø

5 Likes