Appropriate attire clarification?

As I’m packing for our upcoming trip in 2 days, 2 clothing questions were raised regarding what Disney considers inappropriate attire… I have a Princess Leia shirt in which I just noticed she is holding a gun. Says don’t mess with the princess or something. I didn’t think about it until packing it. Would that get me turned away?
Also, regarding crop tops… my 16 year-old son has a few crop tops that he likes to wear in the summer that show his belly button… are those considered inappropriate? We haven’t been to the parks in 5 years. Would these 2 things be ok these days? :grimacing:Thanks!!!

1 Like

I am pretty sure there are a lot of cropped shirts. The gun I am not sure about. I am interested in what others will say.

2 Likes

It’s a Star Wars blaster, like in the movie. Not sure if that matters

I would say fine to both - especially if it’s a Star Wars blaster (I mean with it being America and all of wasn’t a blaster it would also probably be fine).

1 Like

1 Like

They are currently selling items with similar images at the Disney Store so I think it would be okay.

https://www.shopdisney.com/princess-leia-pop-70s-tee-star-wars-women-customizable-7200001672ZES.html?isProductSearch=1&plpPosition=11&searchType=regular#

3 Likes

I say this is fine. I saw very similar shirts on our HS days.

Come to think of it, I’m not sure how strict that WDW is right now with appropriate clothing. I saw someone walking around with a shirt yesterday at HS with inappropriate language on it.

1 Like

DD wore a shirt with a devil/demon on it yesterday, is currently wearing a swimsuit with a playboy bunny symbol and her friend is wearing crop tops. We’ve not been turned away. Only thing we’ve ever heard was when DH wore a cap to Cali Grill he had to take it off.

3 Likes

This makes me feel better…thanks! I’m sure the CMs have much more to worry about these days. I just know I didn’t wanna give my teen kids anything more to be mortified over…. Hey mom, remember that time you got us kicked out of Disney World? :rofl:

1 Like

When I took DD shopping for this trip and summer almost all the clothes she wanted would have been offensive in my day. I’m pretty lenient about these things though, trying not to make a big deal out of it. She asked me for a septum and belly button piercing (DH was a straight up no). My response, sure book it and let me know when the appt is. Guess what never happened. Lol.

4 Likes

Yep, I truly don’t care what my kids or anyone else wears…. I do know my kids (and I) would be ticked if those precious rope drop minutes were taken up with a silly clothing discussion!

2 Likes