Apparently Trip Reports are Mandatory?!? A Disney and Jamaica 25th Anniversary Trip!

:pray: for a safe road trip!

1 Like

Seriously?!? I’m so pissed. Maybe they noticed sooner than we did or maybe they were actually notified and changed it before it booked up?

3 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Driving through Georgia.

Isn’t this the most fascinating trip report?!?

20 Likes

Oh @Dreamer, I am so sorry this happened. SW is out of control. I cannot believe they didn’t even notify you and then lied about the other flights. What will happen with your flights home? We’re you always coming back through Orlando?

Safe travels. Hope you make it past Atlanta okay. When we used to drive many years ago, we always had to plan carefully to mange the mess that can be.

4 Likes

No we weren’t going back to Orlando on the way home. We haven’t looked at those options yet. Probably should. We literally just said ok we’re driving and threw everything in the car.

4 Likes

I did think that, with 11hrs on the road, this could be the most “stream of consciousness” trip report we’ve had, with the highest number of posts before even arriving at WDW and the most conversational thread!

9 Likes

It just might be. :joy: I’m bored already. I might just ramble on for hours.

6 Likes

I would think that you would be safe to leave the car at the resort you’re staying at. It might not be 100% convenient, but once you’re in they will charge you the number of nights for parking that your reservation is booked for (if you’re not on points - bonus if you are because free!). Then you could uber/lyft/etc to the airport to get your flight to Jamaica, and reverse the thing on the way home to get your car.

Free parking please!

7 Likes

We are staying on points. I never thought about leaving the car at Disney.

2 Likes

8 Likes

See this is why you have TA friends! To think of these things for you in a pinch!

5 Likes

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Exactly! Although I mentioned it to DH and he said with our luck this trip the car would be towed.

2 Likes

OK time for me to jet for a while (sorry… too soon??)

When I get back I’ll be so far behind I won’t catch up again.

8 Likes

Totally!!

5 Likes

I don’t see how that would happen. I saw a car with actual dust on it at Beach Club.

I can see not wanting to take the chance, I guess. But I really think you’d be fine. How long would you be gone for?

1 Like

Thanks for chatting.
When you get back we will still be on the road. :joy:

3 Likes

Fucking SW is right!!
I just backtracked far enough to see that your flight was cancelled :scream:
How can they treat people like that???
Hope your drive is safe and not too eventful!!

4 Likes

I know. :upside_down_face:

1 Like