App Wait Times: Expected Vs. Posted

Posted times and Expected times seem to usually be different for rides. Do you find yourself going more with the expected time that TP puts out? And where it says “ride later, lines will get shorter”, do you find that being pretty accurate?

2 Likes

In my experience the TP expected time is far more accurate than the posted time. The posted time is often a tool that WDW uses to manage queues by driving guests to other attractions. Also, WDW will over-estimate, as people will be happier if the actual time they spend in a queue is less than what was posted.

5 Likes

I think they also do the same for DLR. So at either coast I would go with the TP estimate

2 Likes

Welcome! Ask anything and often!

Absolutely! As families with kids need to go home for bedtime, you’ll see drops in queue times at a lot of rides. There are some rides that are an exception to this like PPF, Alice and Space Mt.that stay busy.

If you are concerned with queue waits, have you considered getting MaxPass? It’s $20 per person per day, but does include PhotoPass. You can get a lot done with it.

3 Likes

I agree TP’s expected wait is generally more accurate - DL inflates their wait times. The “ride now” or “ride later” is based on good data, but I usually go with my gut, since there can be unpredictable changes in crowd patterns any time of day (a show ends, a parade is cancelled, a ride breaks down, etc.). If a line is short and you really want to ride that ride and aren’t sure you’ll have another chance, go ahead and ride it.

3 Likes