AP discount offerings in May

Anyone know how likely it is that USF will have AP discounts on hotels in early May?

It appears they only announce discounts when quite close to the dated (right now, only showing offers through mid February). We are looking at possibly planning a May 2023 family trip to USF, staying at Endless Summer (due to their family suites). We will likely buy Seasonal Passes, so getting an AP discount on the rooms would be nice.

2 Likes

Mousesavers keeps their website up to date-I’d keep an eye there.

1 Like

I’m stalking the website for AP hotel discounts for this coming may 12-14 so I’ll let you know once they actually release them.

1 Like

I think AP rates have been released through the first week in April right now, so they are providing a little more lead time (although they didn’t release beyond mid-February until last week or two). There should be AP rates available in early May, and value hotels should be easier to pick up than other levels (there’s more of a rush on the premier hotels once released). Some of the complaints this spring have been that the AP discounts were applied to much higher rack rates than normal, so discounted rates aren’t as appealing as they’ve been in the past. This was particularly true of the premium hotels. Looks like weekend AP rate at Endless Summer in April is $184/night, while mid-week rate is $129/night.

2 Likes

Weirdly, when I looked yesterday, they had NO AP discounts listed beyond February 27. Now they do. But you are saying they have been there? So I don’t know why I couldn’t get any to show up yesterday.

We do plan to go in May, when rates are lower. In fact, if I compare (without the AP) dates in May, it is actually cheaper WITHOUT the AP in May than it is WITH the AP in April.

We are planning for 2023, but I just wasn’t sure when they posted AP rates for May in general…so hopefully in within the next month or so I can get a better feel for what discounts might end up being available.

Just one data point: I was able to get an AP discount at HRH in late May 2021. They posted sometime in February I think. No guarantee it will happen again, but early May should be a time they would want to give a discount to incentivize travel.

1 Like

That’s what I am hoping. Thanks.

1 Like

We’re looking at May 2023 as well, but late May due to the kids’ school schedule. They surprisingly already had the “savvy traveler rate” available for my dates in 2023, which I thought were pretty good, so I booked that to hold the room, but will also be looking to see if AP rates show up and it they are better.

Post back if you find any!

Good point. Wonder if we should do that as well. I don’t recall…does UOR require a deposit?

1 Like

yes, they charge a one night hotel stay rate for a deposit.

Okay. Not bad. If we firm up our dates, I would probably do that.

I definitely recommend booking a regular rate room just in case. It’s pretty easy to cancel the old room and get one with the discount online.

Just make sure to cancel 7 days before your trip if you get a better rate.

1 Like

I just checked. For us, there are no savvy traveler rates for May of 2023 yet. Not sure which hotel you are going with. We are doing Dockside, most likely.

1 Like

Savvy travel rate is for four or more nights I believe.

Yeah. We are looking at 8 or 9 nights total.

Okay. Weird. I looked up the information on my phone, and there was no Savvy Traveller rates offered in May 2023 at Dockside. But I checked from my browser on my computer, and it is pulling up the Savvy Traveler discounts.

It is weird that the platform you use to look up the rates gives different results.

1 Like