Anyone want to indulge in some fantasy?

I will have to look into this more.

As in not the regularly offered dessert parties?

What about a fireworks cruise? Iā€™ve never done it but could be really fun - with dinner at one of the monorail locations. Maybe Ohana or Artistā€™s Point or an early Hoop de Doo?

3 Likes

Oh thatā€™s a good idea. We did that for the girls 13th birthday and it was fabulous.

2 Likes

I went to WDW for my 60th and celebrated all week. Wore my pin every day.

My plan included either a table service or a character buffet every day because I love eating at Disney.

Marrakesh, Tokyo Dining, Cape May, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, and one more Iā€™m drawing a blank on now. Lovely CMs and nice mementoes.

I didnā€™t do any additional cost activities but did have some special people join me. I did surprise my sister with our 1900 PF supper. That was fun. We all like eating there but she really likes villains.

We also surprised her 8 yo granddaughter with the whole trip (fun for me to plan the surprise). DH and I drove to FL with her ostensibly for other sites. Her mother and grandmother flew down the day we left. My grandniece was NOT amused by the surprise of pulling into the Boardwalk or having her DM & DGM meet us in the lobby AT ALL. She was so mad and not shy about letting us know. It didnā€™t help that we were all laughing. But weā€™ve never tried to surprise her again.

Good memories. It was a great trip. :blush:

2 Likes

That is a good one! Weā€™re a boating family :slight_smile: Hoop de Doo is on my list for this trip too.

3 Likes

I fully intend to have my pin and birthday ears for the length of the vacation!

2 Likes

Arenā€™t kids funny? My DS15 does NOT like surprises. I pull him aside and sketch out the whole day to him. My DD18 LOVES surprises. ā€œWhy did you tell me Grandma is coming next week?!? Iā€™d rather just come home and have her be here!ā€ Umā€¦thought you might want to leave space on your calendar? Nope, sheā€™s happy to ditch all plans.

4 Likes

I meant the tomorrowland terrace ā€” which i think of as special!!! Iā€™m easily pleased. Well, not reallyā€¦ But with the Special request upgrade :blush:

2 Likes

Will everyone be with you for the day / do you want them to be? I am assuming a mix of alone, family, and DH time for my response.

I have heard good things about the spas at various deluxe resorts and at Swolphin, if you can finagle babysitting for a couple hours. I would do morning for this as scheduling around first pumping/D?6mo feeding would be easiest to gauge. Family pool time or park time for short burst in middle of day. Then Hoop de Doo in evening 100% for whole family enjoyment. Would not schedule HDD with your size group on a day with any other plans past 2pm, as depending on where you stay, it will take a while to get there. 6:15 HDD show would be perfect to make it back to hotel and still have time to find a lounge with your DH for some quiet time after kids go to sleep in evening (if grandparents can watch).

1 Like

I anticipate being with the whole family all day. Thatā€™s just how we roll. Pool time is stressful with littles, so I probably wonā€™t want to do that. I did see that at some resorts they will come to your room to do the Character Couture make overs, so that may make the list. I think HDD would take too long, and prevent me from being able to see HEA, which Iā€™m pretty certain I want to do. HDD will most likely happen a different evening on this same trip. Iā€™ve been thinking the Lion King package might be a fun way to spend the afternoon.

1 Like

This is my family too :blush:

1 Like