Anyone want to indulge in some fantasy?

I am planning to be at WDW in just over 13 months for my 40th birthday. As an escape from all this madness, I have been trying to plan out my perfect birthday day at Disney. My biggest restriction is the group that I will be with (DH41, DS9, DS6, DD3, D?6mo, DMom68, and DAunt69). So there won’t be any crazy Plaids or Ultimate Thrills Tours, or dinners at Victoria & Albert’s. Beyond that, the sky is the limit. My ideas so far:

Afternoon Tea at GF
HEA After Fireworks Dessert Party (a favorite of mine!)
Breakfast at either Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey’s
A park or two for my favorite rides (we will have club level fastpasses and APs/hoppers)

What does your ideal birthday day look like?

2 Likes

Some drinks at Oga’s Cantina followed by some DAH MK

2 Likes

Have you done either? Or just like the sound of them?

Yup, we did both on our recent trip in January, and those were the 2 favorite parts of our trip!

1 Like

Awesome! I can’t decide whether to stick with tried and true, or try something new.

How about a little both! If you do the Cantina though, i’d recommend it just be you and your husband. I don’t think it’s worth it for kids. It could be a fun “date” if your Mom and Aunt can take the kids. I really feel the same way about DAH because it’s so expensive.

That’s where I’m at right now. Afternoon Tea would be new, HEA Dessert Party would be tried and True. I’ve eaten at CP, but not CM. It will be our first visit as DVC members, so I’m also considering watching HEA from Top of the World, but I think the kids would enjoy the dessert party more.

We may try to do something on our own later in the week, but on my actual birthday I think we will all stay together as a group.

Congrats! 4 kids, welcome to the dark side :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks! It wasn’t until after I was pregnant that I thought to ask, “Can we even handle another one?!” DD2 is giving us a run for our money!!

1 Like

I spent my 40th at WDW. And my 41st, 43rd, 44th, and 45th as well! It helps that my birthday is always the same week as my kids’ spring break. I can barely remember what we did on that trip (it is getting ready to be my 46th in early April) but I think I might have done a trip report. Let me look and see if I can find it. Have fun planning!
Edit: I must not have done a trip report then. I found one from Nov 2014 and April 2015 though.
Anyway, I think we spent my 40th at MK with dinner at BOG. Not that exciting now, but it was back in 2014!

3 Likes

Brunch at CG! Bottomless mimosas!!

3 Likes

I hate orange juice, and I’ll be nursing so bottomless will be wasted on me. Bottomless champagne once I’m done nursing however, that sounds incredible!!

1 Like

Okay–no champagne for you yet.
We actually have a family tradition of doing WAT to celebrate birthdays at Disney.

1 Like

That came to mind, but I think only 1 of my kids will be old enough. I definitely plan to do it someday though!

1 Like

I would love to make this an annual event!

2 Likes

It’s my favorite thing to do for my birthday week. This year though, we were supposed to go to Curacao for it, that has been cancelled of course (even if we wanted to, they have banned all people except their residents from entering their country). Once I knew we were going somewhere else for spring break, I planned our trip we just took over the holidays. I am so happy we went then, I would be really, really sad about cancelling a WDW trip (I am only sad about cancelling Curacao). The rest of my family does not agree, they are more sad to miss a trip out of the country than they would have been about Disney since they have been so many times. I think it is all the planning that makes it so hard to cancel, it represents so many hours and changing of plans to get the perfect trip planned. I didn’t plan much for Curacao.

3 Likes

Bummer about your trip :frowning: But, yeah, I’d probably be more upset about Disney too. Those trips just represent so much time and effort on our parts.

My birthday is at the end of next month and I have been struggling to decide what to do to celebrate…some family dysfunction makes it difficult because if I invite one, I can’t invite the other, yada, yada, yada. I’m actually a little thankful that I may be off the hook!!

3 Likes

Yup this

2 Likes

Cali grill brunch…just do it

3 Likes

It depends on what you love. If you cannot do Wild Africa, maybe Savor the Savannah? You get the special off-grade vehicle and awesome meal in the special savannah bungalow, but no back stage Rope-bridge part

Or special Dessert Party to HEA? When DD was 19 we did this for her birthday and I notified it to CMs so we got a special table and treats.

2 Likes