Anyone planning on Epcot June 5th?

This is from am email I recieved direct from Disney re: early park closure of Epcot on June 5th.

On June 5, 2022, beginning at 6:00 PM, some World Showcase experiences and offerings will be unavailable, including attractions, entertainment, dining and merchandise locations. The remainder of EPCOT will close at 8:00 PM. Additionally, the Harmonious nighttime spectacular will be unavailable.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s interesting. and… unrelated: June 6th is MM for HS

1 Like

Well shoot…I picked a terrible weekend to take a trip :roll_eyes: however early closures usually create lower crowds during the day so may be 2 good days for some park hopping.

1 Like

The special Olympics start that day in Orlando- maybe they rented Epcot out?

I have a trip planned 6/3-6/5 so I’ve been concerned with the extra crowds that weekend.

2 Likes

The interesting part is that it is a partial closing - only some of WS will be unavailable after 6, but the rest of the park is open until 8.

1 Like

Yeah…I would be curious to see what will not be available in WS. Maybe it will be limited to one pavillion.

1 Like

I am goimg 3 through 7th…the special olympic crowds dont worry me so much. Compared to some of the other events they hosted, (pop warner) the amount ofnpeople it will bring in is not crazy. I have been there during some larger events and barely noticed a difference.

What does MM mean for HS? We are supposed to be there June 6th. Thank you

DVC Moonlight Madness

Welcome, Liner!

My guess is they will close from China round to Morocco from 6pm and close off that part of WS completely. So leaving Mexico, Norway and France open for the rides, plus U.K. and Canada because people will be walking past them to & from Remy and the IG.

1 Like