Anyone ever book through Expedia?

Hello! I compared prices through Expedia vs the Universal website directly, and I noticed that the prices for hotel plus tickets are virtually the same. Expedia does offer free cancellation up to 5 days prior to arrival. Just wondering if anyone has ever booked through Expedia and what your experience was - thanks!

I’ve booked through third parties the last few times I’ve gone. We’ve gone through hotels.com and orbitz. No problems at all.

The last time we went (2016) there were quite a few reports of people booking through Expedia arriving at the hotel and not having a room booked. We had booked with booking.com and I was worried to death about it, but we had no issues. This time I’ve booked with hotels.com.

I just booked everything through Undercovertourist - Royal Pacific hotel plus 3 day park to park tickets. I ended up getting everything cheaper compared to either Expedia or Universal directly. In fact, I got the 3 days tickets just a little cheaper than the 2 day tickets offered through Expedia or Universal. Is there a way to check that our reservations are confirmed directly with the hotel? It does make me a little nervous not booking directly through Universal, but I saved us about $100.00…

I haven’t used Expedia for FL but I’ve ised it plenty for hotels without a problem.

Wow really. I have booked my hotels (split stay Cabana bay and royal pacific) through Expedia for my December trip so I am a bit worried. I did pay in full instead of just the deposit. I have booked other hotels via the site and never had any issues so fingers crossed it will be the same.

I haven’t seen reports since so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

1 Like