Any updates to touring plan algorithms considering recent changes with LL passes?

The new changes to lightning lane and the ability to get them in advance seems to make our current personalizes touring plans irrelevant.
Are there any updates to be expected? Our trip is in late August this year.

They’ll have to do something, but I wouldn’t expect it by August. They’ll need a couple months of data collection to start the next update for this.

4 Likes

Yeah, the recent changes with Lightning Lane passes have definitely shaken things up. Disney’s constantly tweaking their algorithms to adapt, but as of now, there’s no official update on how it affects touring plans for late August.

1 Like

I mean, the changes don’t even take effect for awhile yet. Once the changes happen they will have to analyze data and see what changes can be made. Unfortunately whenever there’s a major change like this there’s a gap in predictability.

For the time being I’d suggest you not worry too much about the micro-planning. Hopefully within the first week or 2 we’ll have a better idea of what’s available during pre-booking, and what’s available day-of.

4 Likes

The announcement was hours ago

It hasn’t even gone into effect.

There is no hard data

4 Likes

Tom Petty’s voice keeps going off inside my head- as it frequently does on early Southern mornings: something about the Waiting? :shushing_face:

IF anyone at TouringPlans is reading this thread then ping me as I am going to be there when this fiasco kicks of in July/early Aug and happy to test the beta or such of the algo. At this point looks like all that preplanning is out the window so I will try anything as all bets are off.