Any Universal Hollywood experts out there?

I know this is a DL forum but since TP doesn’t have a forum for Universal Hollywood, I thought I’d reach out…we’re planning a late July trip to DL and are planning to go to Universal for one day. We’re taking my son – who is a huge Harry Potter fan – for his 10th bday. Since we’re only going to be there one day, I’m planning to purchase the Express Unlimited tickets which gives us unlimited front of the line passes. here’s my question – if we’re purchasing these tickets, is there any reason to be there at park opening?? We’ll be driving up from our hotel in Huntington Beach so I know it’s a bit of hike. I’m curious how crowded the Wizarding World area will get by mid-morning? Even though we don’t have to worry too much about line lengths, I still want to be able to enjoy just walking around and enjoying the area. (We’d be there on a Tues, not a weekend). I’d love to hear your thoughts!

I am by no means an expert, but I have been. That area is going to be crowded regardless. Since you are going to get the EP, I personally wouldn’t stress about getting there too early.

1 Like

Hey, I was in universal last year on a Thursday of the same week. We had the 1 time per ride front of the line pass and ended up sleeping a few hours past opening. We took our time and rode every ride once along with the tram tour and a couple stage shows and were back to our hotel before supper time…I think you’ll be fine, even if wanting to go on rides multiple times. It truly is front of the line. We walked on every ride, even during the busiest time of the afternoon on a sunny, summer day that was expecting high crowds.

Cheers

2 Likes

that’s great to hear…thank you!

I had an annual pass there last year (Costco had it for $119/adult back then) and went multiple times throughout the year. It definitely can get busy (and hot) but it is overall a very small park and can be quickly (maybe not thoroughly) accomplished in 1/2 to 3/4 of a day if not busy. If you have front of the line passes, they let you bypass all the lines for the shows and attraction lines and you will have no problem conquering the park (shows included) before the day ends. Make sure to see the Waterworld show, it is packed with cool stunts and explosions.

About the Harry Potter portion, it is well themed and fun but also somewhat small. Excluding the wait time for the rides, someone just casually looking around (as in not a dedicated fan) could see just about everything in 15 minutes or less. Of course that is coming from someone who went there multiple times per year and thus didn’t need to thoroughly seek out every nook and cranny in the area.

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

This is extremely helpful. thanks so much!