Any touring plans tip for DL?

I’ve made over a dozen of these for WDW but really struggle doing this for DLR. The two different entries for obtaining FastPasses really confuse me. It seems to remove some of the FPP selection entries when I Optimize.

You have to remember that DLR still uses the old paper FPs. It’s been a while since I’ve done DLR TPs, but if I remember correctly, I entered the attractions that I wanted, and when I optimized, the program determined which attractions I should get FPs for, and would insert picking up FPs as steps in the TP. I never manually added FP pick-up steps. Hope this clears things up a bit.

What @bswan26 says is correct - you do not tell the Optimizer which attractions you want to get FP for. Instead, it works out the best plan for you based on the attractions selected, including steps to go and pick up FPs for certain attractions. Each time you change and re-optimize your plan it may update the attractions that it is getting FPs for, dropping the old “get FP” steps and adding new ones.

Just to help you plan ahead, in my experience, the Optimizer for DCA is pretty far off on FPs return times due to much lower user input than the WDW side. I don’t think I’ve ever had a plan time it very well at all. I do still use a TP for DCA to help set expectations about how much I am going to be able to accomplish, but am almost always, using my ground knowledge and other resources, like the DL app to figure out when to pull FPs. I do always input my FP times for DCA, in order to help better my favorite planning resource, and I encourage you to do the same when you go!