Any Shows that you consider essential?

I have started messing with my plans for our trip in June, and have so far just put in rides and attractions, are any of the shows must do’s for your family? At Disney World we tend to just stop and do them if we feel like it, in the moment but since Disneyland is likely a one-time thing I was curious if there is anything we should make sure not to skip? It will be DD19, DS17, DGS 8, DGS5 and myself.

1 Like

HEA
FOTLK
Voices of Liberty
Serveur Amusante
British Invasion

I believe what @OBNurseNH listed is at WDW. For DLR I recommend Mickey and the Magical Map in DL for the littles and World of Color in DCA for everyone. I have only seen fantasmic! At DLR, but it has been said by many that the DL version is better. The only caveat is that you stand if you have a fp and you sit on the ground if you have preferred seating (this can be obtained by getting a dining package). When you go, there may be an additional marvel show, since I believe Marvel Land MAY be open by then.

3 Likes

Oops LOL

That dang filter (most recent v by category) gets me every time :joy::joy::joy:

Ignore me over here. Sorry!

3 Likes

That’s okay. I noted I only saw a couple of your recommendations when I went to WDW, so I will have to add the rest to my list when I head back, so thank you :wink:

1 Like

I have never done Serveur Amusante, will have to do it next time!

Thank you!

Kids will love Frozen at the Hyperion if you like theater but it is a full hour.

World of Color is my favorite show and a must-see.

Fantasmic! is way better than at WDW but the trauma of getting a spot makes it too stressful for me to go every time. When I do watch it, I often just show up last minute and grab a random but poor viewing spot.

Mickey’s Magical Map is good but not essential.

There’s smaller live entertainment in DCA near paradise garden park, and in Disneyland at Fantasyland Faire theater that are worth checking out - very charming and you won’t regret going, but one of the first things I’d skip for time.

And of course, whatever evening fireworks show is going on is always worth watching, but note that due to city ordinances, fireworks are no longer offered every night - just weekends and other busy nights.

1 Like

OP stated this was for June and depending on what part of June, the fireworks may be offered during the week.

3 Likes

We are going the first week of June. I hadn’t realized they don’t do fireworks every night, I will def have to check out what is scheduled because I kinda thought it was a given.

Thank you!

1 Like

Unfortunately at DLR it is never a given. Fireworks are subject to cancellation due to high winds. If they are important then always try the first night available. I had a friend who ushered her kids out their first night as the fireworks were going off and assured them that they would catch them sometime in the next few days of the trip. Unfortunately they were canceled for the rest of the trip!

2 Likes

The DLR schedule is posted later (compared to WDW). I think the major shows (like fireworks, Fantasmic, World of Color) are posted 60 days out.

1 Like

This is good to know! We do Disney World, and they’ve been delayed(to our advantage tbh) but never canceled while we were there.

Okay, Thank you!

My rule of thumb for DL fireworks is that they will happen any night there is no school the next day. Don’t know if that’s hit still works but that’s how the schedule used to work.

1 Like

I find the shows to be a big part of the charm, so I tend to enjoy almost all of them. YMMV. Some of my favorites at DL/DCA…

Disneyland Band
Dapper Dans
Frozen
Musical Celebration of Coco (seasonal)

World of Color
Fantastic
Frozen Live at the Hyperion

My absolutely favorite show at DLR is Mickey and the Magical Map, followed closely by Fantasmic! The Royal Theater is really fun as us the show at the Golden Horseshoe, especially for the nostalgia factor. If you have any “Newsies” fans in your family then the News Boys show us fun too. Frozen is good, but it is a significant time commitment.

3 Likes