Any reason to drive to MK?

Most people recommend taking the bus to MK and driving to the other parks if you have a car available.

My question: If we take the bus, are we losing out by missing the experience of taking the ferry?

If you consider taking the ferry or monorail an attraction, by all means drive to the TTC to get to MK. If you’re just trying to save time, it’s really not worth it. There is definitely the thrill of watching the castle approach, or the anticipation as you pass through the Contemporary lost by taking the bus directly. If you’re doing multiple MK trips, I’d say drive the first time and bus it after that.

2 Likes

I’ve done both this week and I vastly prefer to drive. I hate waiting in the heat, and I hate getting on the bus at MK and standing.

1 Like

I love the ferry! I enjoy the buses as well and it is less of a hassle to take the bus, but I hate taking the bus back from MK to the resort at the end of the night. They’re so busy, crowded and kids and parents are cranky. If you plan on retuning to your resort earlier in the day or evening, buses tend to be fine. But after Wishes is over, beware lol

If you’re arriving at the park late (late enough that you are no longer being told where to park), then you can sometimes find parking spaces pretty close to the TTC. In those cases, the bus doesn’t save you a lot of time, so I’ll sometimes do that if “hopping” to MK from another park. I also don’t mind finding an excuse for a monorail ride at some point during my trip.

Generally, however, I’ll still take the bus to MK.

1 Like

I drive to MK for RD sometimes if it’s me alone with my two kids. Easier for me to manage all our stuff. Or sometimes I do it because I hope they will fall asleep and nap when we leave midday and drive back to hotel. And then I usually drive to MK on our departure day, and from MK we go straight to the highway to head home. And we all love the ferry and monorail. :smile:

1 Like

Driving and then parking at MK is the worst IMO… park and then run to ferry or Monorail and then you are at the entrance (where the buses drop you off in the first place) This usually takes over 30 minutes to do too, and then of course you have to do it in reverse to get back to your car.

1 Like

When we arrive early enough for RD, we get to park in one of the very first rows. 5 minutes walk to monorail (no need for shuttle), 5 minute monorail trip, pretty easy that time of day. And the arrival point is closer to the MK entrance than that god forsaken Pop bus stop at MK. I love Pop, I love the buses, but oh MAN is that a long walk when you’re tired. :slight_smile:

2 Likes