Any favorite Boardwalk Inn Rooms?

I got my reminder email about my request going in in 2 days for my late August stay at Boardwalk Inn.

I have a Garden View room booked and currently have 5274 or that direction - it faces towards a courtyard and you can see the Eifel Tower and a bit of Spaceship Earth from it. Does that sound like a good location? Or does anyone have a fave room/location there? I’m not concerned about not being close to an elevator or anything. I do prefer higher floors (there is a toddler who lives above me and while I’m usually up, I do hear him running back and forth every morning and at other times, so if I can avoid footsteps above me that’s always a bonus).

I completely realize that it is just a request.

Thanks!

We had 3281 last week. It was fine overall - near the elevator & laundry (which my DW loved) - had a view of the courtyard primarily with a sliver of crescent lake if you looked to the side. It was right above the outdoor deck for the lounge - most times this didn’t matter as it was hot enough it wasn’t used often. On Friday/Saturday there was some noticeable noise from there and the boardwalk, but nothing too bad although if you were going to bed early (or wanting a young child to) it might be more of an issue. We could hear fireworks, but of course see nothing from there.

Your room choice should have at least some view of the aerial fireworks at Epcot - given that show, it’s not huge, but it should be a nice option. You’re still fairly close to the elevator there which should be nice for quick boardwalk access if you get the refillable cups etc. Seems like a good request to me after gaining some familiarity with the resort.

Overall I was fairly uninspired in the Boardwalk views and just wanted a day bed as a definite. When we checked in I needed to stop by the front desk as we expected to have 4 adults in the room and only had 3, so I wanted that money back up front. At that point they moved us to a better room as we were supposed to be first floor (1353 I think) by the quiet pool. In the end I much preferred our new room over the original assignment thanks to the boardwalk access and the laundry room…

Anyway - if you don’t get something good via your request, drop by the front desk on check-in and they can probably get you closer to 5274 I’d imagine…

1 Like

Thanks!

I kind of feel the view matters less at Boardwalk, and location matters more. Pick what is nearest the elevators or stairs or the park you will most likely be visiting, etc. When I researched rooms, I felt location was more important.

1 Like

In general I think you’re right. The views at Boardwalk just aren’t that great. The most interesting views are likely of the Boardwalk proper which is also the most noisy so that’s definitely a balance. Shooting for some fireworks views at Epcot is likely as good as anything though, particularly since it isn’t a costly upgrade like a lot of places…

1 Like

Well, I adore the Boardwalk, so I’m incensed over these cavalier, “Oh, the views at the Boardwalk are all boring as moose snot,” comments. They are not! Y’all are tasteless slobs! Ahem.

I recommend room number 2329. There is no third floor on that wing, so no one will be on tapdancing above you. The view is lovely – the room looks across a courtyard type of garden to that sweeping staircase that comes out near the Belle Vue lounge.

I hope you have a lovely time and enjoy your stay. The Boardwalk is practically perfect in every way! You really can’t go wrong. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didn’t mean that. I meant that the difference in the views isn’t enough to focus on the view as a primary reason to choose a room!

This was the view from our room, and it was lovely. But it is a standard view room, not Garden/Pool view, so it doesn’t help in this case.

3 Likes

Wow, that is really pretty. I once stayed in a standard view room on the Villas side and still spent every morning on the balcony with my coffee. (I spent more time on the balcony in garden view and water view rooms, but whatever; if you’re at the Boardwalk, you’re in a good place.)

I’m sorry if I was excessively hyberbolic. :smiley:

1 Like

I like to see Shannon Ford’s assessment’s of TP room views-

Not at all. I knew you were joking. But it did make me want to clarify my comment, is all.

3 Likes

I really loved how quite it was by the quiet pool. It’s further from things but I don’t mind the walking for the peace it gave. I didn’t get a pic from the boys area but that little courtyard on the other side of the pool is peaceful and you can take the stairs on the sides to the courtyard and walk to the lobby that way which is shorter and prettier than indoors.

3 Likes

I will caveat that it likely depends on the weather on how pleasant the outside walk is. If it is summer, going outside is going to hit you, particularly if you are in the sun and/or it is raining. Now in January, that is likely a welcome walk and a chance to enjoy the scenery. Although I will say the halls are very well decorated at the Boardwalk with a lot of interesting pictures etc. which makes for a nice indoor walk.

1 Like

I did it last month. On rainy days it was nice to sit outside but not on sunny. But walking thru it for a couple of minutes was never a big deal either way and it’s a pretty walk. All the little cottages…