Any experience with the Grand Floridian? Free upgrade!

Wow! Jackpot! We absolutely loved the GF. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and it was amazing. Ask all the questions you need.

1 Like

Jennie,
A responder already gently implied this, but I am concerned that you are leaving in a few days and don’t know what the monorail is. I really encourage you to take advantage of this site and other resources to get a stronger background on Disney. It will make a huge difference for your trip the more prepared you are.

5 Likes

We had a similar experience in December of '15 when booked at the Wilderness Lodge - which was then unexpectedly under construction, our travel agent complained and got us a free upgrade to GF. To top it off they translated our preferred view at WL to a lagoon view room. It was a wonderful trip enjoying the GF at WL prices. Definitely enjoy GF, it’s a unique experience…

1 Like

I think I’m ready. I hope!! I didn’t realize that ‘train’ was called the monorail and didn’t look into it because I knew it wasn’t listed on the options of transportation to get us to and from CB, and I didn’t suspect we’d have it as a priority to ride it just to ride it. Which might be unpopular! I’ve now adjusted our plans to account for using the monorail to MK and Epcot…woohoo! No Uber or long shuttles to those parks! I hope I haven’t missed anything else! I’m burned out on planning at this point!

4 Likes

FWIW, I’d recommend monorail to MK and then take the small boat back to the GF. The boat runs MK-GF-Poly so if taking it from GF you have a stop. Similarly the resort monorail goes: MK-Contemporary-TTC-Poly-GF-MK so it’s 1 stop going, but 4th stop back…

3 Likes

I hope CBR is overbooked the week of 7/7…

4 Likes

How fun! Enjoy! You can watch fireworks from the boat dock at the GF. I enjoyed that when I stayed there many years ago.

Just FYI - I will take the monorail over a bus any day but the trek to Epcot can be a little lengthy around 20-30 minutes depending on monorail luck. Just leave enough time in your plans.

1 Like