Any crowd updates for September 2021 soon?

Just checking, I made my initial plans for a September trip in early June. I’m used to getting crowd prediction updates, but haven’t seen any since that initial planning. Is it no updates as the predictions haven’t changed?

Part of this too is I’m mulling putting the trip off for a month to (hopefully) allow COVID numbers to subside more, but the reason for picking Sept before the 50th was I was hoping crowd levels would be lower pre-anniversary. If not, may make the decision to delay a bit easier.

will

I have a short trip next month too. I wonder if they would wait to see if it looks like there will be a lot of cancellations? I know people have said a lot of dining opened up early in the month but you can never tell if that is people cancelling or reducing indoor dining.

2 Likes

I had a few dining alerts set up for typically tough places (Topolinos, CRT, to name a few) and I’ve been getting notifications left and right this week. I think people are rescheduling.

2 Likes

You’re right, the last crowd calendar update a few weeks ago only had adjustments through Labor Day.

I would expect a September update within the next week. :crossed_fingers: I’m thinking crowds will be very manageable, and a great time to visit!

1 Like

Thanks all: An update would help with the decision making. Next week would be great if that happened. I’m definitely in the iffy camp given the COVID numbers. Lower crowds seems inherently safer and nothing other than early entry is that compelling after Oct 1.

…all I can say is “wow”. Just got the crowd level update and boy did things drop!!!
Just need to see the COVID numbers start dropping (they are at least decelerating) and all will be good.

will

3 Likes

I just got updated crowds for my trip starting Saturday. All dropped from 4-7 to 1-4.

The article posted this morning said as long as Covid cases continue to climb they predict crowds will decrease. The impression I get is it’s not the cases - it’s the masks. 🤦🏽

1 Like

I wonder how much of it is people like in the “One Foot Out” thread that was recently started. Basically, people that were frequent visitors and have gotten ticked off and haven’t come back. Plus, there is all the international travelers that had trips planned thinking “surely by Sept.”

1 Like

I have seen a lot of posts from parents concerned about the numbers even with the masks? It is possible there are people cancelling for multiple reasons (including masks).

This article is about SW airlines and people cancelling due to delta

They have always had masks?

1 Like

I would say it’s mostly about Delta cases in Florida being out of control. Every Disney group I’m in is full of people pushing back trips until Florida numbers get better.

1 Like

The article did specifically state rising cases along with masks and reduced benefits. My takeaway based on this and other articles I read - I’m surprised masks are a large issue. New Twitter poll asks the primary reason for cancelling. While mask mandate is not the leading reason - I’m surprised it’s 15%.

4 Likes

I think the mask/no mask populations generally cancel each other out. For each person that will keep/make a reservation because there are masks, there is potentially the same amount cancelling due to masks.

If there were no masks, the amount of people cancelling due to no masks could be offset by those now willing to go because masks are not required.

1 Like

I woke up to my mid September trip crowd levels changing to all 2s and 1s!!! I hope this holds true. Only 29 more days to go.

4 Likes

Yeah… I got an update that changed planned CLs from 6/5 down to 2. Overall, it’s going to let me add about another 30 - 40 minutes into my TP. (One extra ride) :smiley:

1 Like

Me, too! Isn’t it grand?

2 Likes

I’m hoping for lower crowds :grin: I’m not canceling and I’m totally fine with wearing a mask. I had no issue with it when I did 2 trips that were during the masks at all times phase.

No mask mandate where I live and I still wear one. We are having the pandemic spike of the unvaccinated too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!

2 Likes

I don’t buy the drops though. Still too many “covariables” in play. If everything is short, horrray, but I won’t believe it until I’m there and see it for myself.

Also, TP’s threshold for 1’s and 2’s is very wide :frowning:

4 Likes

I did all the math with the new crowd levels and do seem to recover about 30 minutes each day of my trip which is great. Average CL for my parks are 1.0 for my MK and AK days, 2.0 for my Epcot and DHS days, so extremely low. All members fully vaxed, very OK with masks indoors (was planning on it before required) and likely will wear them outdoors a lot too. We did so last year when they were required everywhere and it wasn’t that big a deal, even on the hot days.

Just need to see declining numbers and should come up with a threshold for go/no-go ahead of the decision day. That day is T-5 days since it is room-only Rez. Given all the precautions above and knowing the Disney bubble is probably one of safest places in Orange county, I think that threshold can be pretty high and still be very safe.

Those crowd numbers do add to at least the illusion of extra safety and certainly the temptation to wanting to go with levels that low.

will