Another couples trip Jan 3-7 (plans)

We just got back from a couples only WDW trip 11/30-12/4. We stayed at OKW, BCV, AKL Kidani & Jambo. All first for us. Despite the constant hopping we had a very relaxing time. It seems to suit our style. Very adventurous and love to explore new things.

So we decided to go back in 2 weeks (1/3-1/7) and try and knock off a few more resorts off our bucket list. I do all the planning of course, she just lets me do my thing. Here’s our tentative plans:

Arriving 1/3 around 5pm and we decided to rent a car and stay off property for the short first night. We opted for Wyndham Orlando Resort on I-drive (across from The Wheel @ Icon Park). Plans are to walk the strip a bit, see the sights, grab a bite to eat, and maybe a quick dip in the pool or hut tub before calling it a night. Didn’t want to drop too much $ for a half night stay, plus I-drive is very nostalgic for me as that’s where my family usually stayed when we came as kids.

1/4 we check into Coronado. Got a good price through the Disney Visa deal. Before we get there, we figured we’d hit the grocery store for some essentials for the next few days. Plans after check in involve relaxing by pool/hot tub, lunch by the pool, exploring the resort, possibly dinner at DS or off-site, then back to resort for some more pool/hot tub time.

1/5 will involve sleeping in a bit, possibly a late morning walk around the resort, then we have a lunch ressie @ GFC. Then we check in there @ GFV. (DW has no idea we are staying here. She thinks we are just having lunch there) after lunch I figure we’d walk the grounds a bit and let her fall in love with the beauty of the resort, then tell her we are staying there. Plans for the remainder of the day involve pool/hot tub, explore the walkway over to MK and possibly pop in MK for the evening before heading back to the resort.

1/6 I have an early morning walk planned over to the Poly. Maybe grab a coffee/pastry and explore the grounds briefly before heading back over to GFV. (She has no idea we will be back at the Poly to check in @ lunch time). Only plans after check-in involve pool/hot tub, dinner @ Kona, a sunset stroll, then hope to tour one of the bungalows. We have a lake view room (Thanks Nicky) so depending on actual view I’m hoping to watch the EWP from our balcony. ( If not, the beach)

1/7 is check-out day. Flight doesnt leave till 4pm so we have the morning to enjoy the (hopefully) warm weather and the beautiful resort til about 1pm before flying back to the frigid Northeast.

Overall, I’m estimating this trip to be of reasonable cost. Flights are free with points, and we rented points for the DVC stays @ GFV and Poly at a reasonable price from a fellow liner. (Who actually upgraded our standard view to a lake view. #linersarethebest) Wyndham stay on arrival night was $65 via Priceline discount. Coronado stay $130 via the Disney Visa discount, rental car $100. Factoring in groceries and meals should put us around $1k. Maybe a tad over :slight_smile:

Decided to do the rental car to save the $40 Uber trip each way to MCO. ($80) plus we’d have the car to grab the groceries and for the off-site dining we have planned. If we Ubered for all of that it would be more than the rental car. Especially since we are somewhat over-tippers.

That’s the current plans, we’ll see how it goes. (Finger’s crossed) I like to plan the days out like this then look back to see how close (or way off) I was. Hopefully, I can do a trip report like last time. Don’t really have any parks planned except for possibly that 1 night @ MK. We’ll see.

9 Likes

Sounds amazing!

2 Likes

Wow! What a trip! Sounds great! Does she think you are only staying at Coronado? Or just doesn’t know any details?

1 Like

Sounds fun! I’ll be interested to hear how the water slides at these new locales compare :wink:

2 Likes

She just doesn’t know the details. She leaves it up to me. Even if I told her we were staying at Grand Floridian, Poly, and Coronado… she’d have no idea. Not counting our trip a couple weeks ago, she’s only ever stayed at SSR (in 2016) and 1 night at ASMo in 2018 during a stopover.

1 Like

Hoping for weather above 70 degrees. Sad I finally got to stay at BCV and didn’t get to use SAB. If the weather cooperates, there may be a video or two on the horizon. :wink:

2 Likes

You have some great plans! We did the walk from GF to Poly a couple of times. It’s a easy and beautiful walk. If you like Dole Whips you can get those at the Poly too.

1 Like

That’s great- how fun.

1 Like

Just added another night. 1/7 - 1/8. Already had the backup flight booked (just in case LoL). Saw availability for a value studio @ AKL open up for 8 pts. So I said WTH. Also been playing with rental car reservations and was able to add the 6th day at a lower cost than just the 5 day we had booked.

4 Likes