Annual Passholder Rates Fall 2022

Wow! Thanks for sharing! I’ll keep trying then! At least until 6 days out :wink:

Start obsessively checking around 3:00 pm 5 days before checkout. I was able to get two nights at RPR for the APH rate 5 days out (On Tuesday for a Sunday arrival) for MLK for a family member. Before that, it was 1 night Aventura, and NO availability at RPR.

Make yourself a link with you dates pre filled in so its easy to check way too many times each day.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Time zone?? I;m guessing Eastern, but wanted to verify

Yes. The time zone of the hotel. It’s more a general idea that when people start canceling you want to grab the reservation you need.

2 Likes

That is interesting info. You wouldn’t want to rely on that, but if you were already in that situation it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Trying to think of the logic behind keeping people from dropping nights. My first thought was “Oh No!, Universal is being like Disney” I am disappointed in them. Maybe it is to keep from having orphaned rooms? Then once checked in, taking care of the customer took priority and they dropped the room.

I got an AP rate this morning! $122 / night at Surfside for 4 nights for the first week of February. (I could’ve gotten a better deal for more days, but all my banked vacation days are running low with this! )

I hadn’t seen anything below $160 on a while. Not 100% sure I am going until I see flights that I can do. However, IME those rates are gone if you close the site or check another option. I swear there’s a cookie on the system that reloads the prices by at least $10 if you refresh anything! :rofl:

I’ll also be keeping my eyes open for the “travel later” rates for winter. Those have been my best bargains

EDIT - I’ve found a flight on Delta for $225! I’m just sitting here wondering if I “really” need to do it! The hotel is refundable, but once I buy the flight it’s a done deal!

8 Likes

Of course you want to. If you didn’t you wouldn’t have looked at flights.

1 Like

How far out were the deals available? I need to book for May, which I assumed it wouldn’t be available till early next year, but maybe sooner?

It’s more about convincing my wife!

I used the “back door” link from above. I was checking only for my dates right before my AP expires in February . The Delta ticket discount is for signing up for a Delta American Express card ($200)

1 Like

The latest I could get AP rates for HRH was the week before Thanksgiving. There were “seasonal rates” beyond that, but they weren’t as good.

I’ve seen some APH rates for early December. I haven’t seen anything for February. Those prices look like standard room rates for cheaper times at endless summer.

2 Likes

Yeah…in hindsight I see that these are “seasonal”. I’m booked at Surfside, (I usually stay at Dockside, so I wanted to try the other)

Probably going to bring it up at dinner tonight. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Jeff_AZ , when I went this past May, I think the AP rates opened up for the premiers 2-3 months before my trip

1 Like

Thanks! That lines up with what happened for our 2021 trip. I think I was able to book in February or March.

1 Like

DW was totally fine with one more trip! She kinda figured I was going to try anyway & wasn’t surprised. I really will be low on vacation time after this. I didn’t take any from 2019 - 2022. They let me roll it over until now and that’s how I’ve been able to go this year

4 Likes

You’re forgetting your small change… :wink:
Or is that only spent on your daughter? :thinking:

3 Likes

I justified the “extra” August trip (in 9 days!!) with that coin jar. It pretty much pays for that stay! I always budgeted taking her to HHN in Sept. and my DW in December for my birthday / Grinchmas.

I was referencing my PTO! I have scheduled about 5+ weeks off in 2022 for UOR trips. Now, it’ll be a definite 6+ weeks!

Just found out I didn’t get the AMEX discount - I’ve opened & closed enough cards this year that I guess they’ve “caught on” :money_mouth_face: :sunglasses:

Now, I’m sitting here deciding which SW flight I’m doing. I’ll have to pay $80 - $140 more than I was hoping to do. However, since I’ve decided to go ahead and do the trip, I’m not going to let that small amount that stop me!

3 Likes

And now Southwest credits no longer expire. If you do book with them, keep an eye on price drops to get some credits to use for future flights.

2 Likes