Annual Pass Sale

I was looking at Universal’s website, and there is currently a sale for Annual Passes. We will be going for 5 days in May 2020.
Please correct me if I am wrong. Can I buy my AP’s now at the discount? And then use them for the first time on May 25, 2020? Then they would be good until May 25, 2021, right?
I’ve never bought annual passes, so I want to make sure!

I was just about to ask about this! Is it better to buy them directly, or buy UT, and pay to convert?

1 Like

Yes, it won’t start until the first day you enter the parks and lasts for 1 year (last year they had a special where you got 18 months which was great). The AP sale is for Florida residents, and you have to prove residency to use it so make sure that applies to your situation.

Oh, good thing you wrote that! I didn’t know it was for Florida residents.

1 Like

The non-resident tickets were on sale too! They were almost $50 lower for Seasonal AP’s tickets than what I had seen previously.

Do you have a link?

You might want to read the fine print as your mileage may vary. I bought my annual pass using a similar promo and there was a specific language saying that the pass should be activated by a certain date. In my case, the pass was activated on the last day of the promo period even though I used the pass for the first time two months later.

1 Like

Not sure if the Link will help much, but here!

I selected Annual Pass, No for Florida Resident, and 2-Park. I scrolled all the way down to the bottom to see the Seasonal Pass. It is currently $304.99, whereas before it was $319.99. After taxes two AP’s are $609.98, whereas before they were $649 something. Not quite $50 off, but $40 isn’t bad :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would this just be the information I find in the View Details pop-up?

Sorry to paste this whole thing, but it says:

2-Park Seasonal Annual Pass

Blockout Dates for Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida:
December 21 – 31, 2019 (No Access to USF for Mannheim Steamroller Concerts)
January 1 – 3, 2020
April 3 – April 18, 2020 (No Access to USF for Mardi Gras Concerts)
July 1 – July 31, 2020
December 19 – 31, 2020 (No Access to USF for Mannheim Steamroller Concerts)

The 2-Park Seasonal Pass entitles one (1) guest admission to BOTH Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks for a one (1) year period beginning and including the first day this pass is used. Blockout dates apply. This pass includes free admission to select special events and discounts on select products including but not limited to: multi-day theme park admission tickets, separately ticketed events, Blue Man Group tickets and at Universal Orlando Resort hotels. This pass does not include concerts; Theme Park or Universal Orlando’s hotels’ parking. Annual Pass benefits and blockout dates are valid on a calendar year basis and are subject to availability and to change without notice. Guest must present a valid photo ID with this pass for admission into the parks and to receive discounts.

The above Admission Media is non-refundable, non-transferable, and must be used by the same person on all days. Valid only during normal operating hours. Parks, attractions, or entertainment may: close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather or special events; change operating hours; and otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of Universal Orlando Resort (“Universal”). Unless otherwise stated, does not include admission to separately ticketed events at any of the Universal theme parks or within any of the CityWalk venues, Universal Cinemark, the Blue Man Group show, or Hollywood Drive-In Golf™, and parking or discounts on food or merchandise. Some CityWalk venues require ages 21 or older for admission. Valid Photo ID required. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice.

So, it doesn’t seem like there is a use-by date on these, correct?

I think you are good (but I’m not a lawyer).

For comparison this is what my promo said:
"Florida Residents get six (6) additional months free on a regularly priced Florida Resident 3-Park Preferred Annual Pass. Offer valid on new purchases only; must be purchased and activated by 04/04/19. Valid Florida photo ID required. "

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley: I’m guessing these smaller sales aren’t so restrictive :slight_smile:

The current passes have no activation dates, like the ones they had in the spring did. I activated our 18 month (non FL resident) APs on March 27th, I think they had to be activated by March 30th to get the deal. But yes, I agree you should always read the fine print.

1 Like

When I checked last month for the same thing, no Florida two parks season pass, it came out to $325 with tax, which I think is the same thing we’re looking at.

1 Like