Annual Pass/Room Discount

I was completely shocked to get an AP from my husband for Christmas. Completely shocked :open_mouth:
So since I never thought I would have one, I don’t know much about it. I think I can only activate it once I am at Disney. Does that mean that I can’t use it for a room discount for the first trip using the AP?
Thanks!

2 Likes

You can use the discount before activating if you book through a TA! You just have to activate by or on your trip that you used the discount on.

4 Likes

Hooray! You should be able to link the voucher to your MDE account that will allow you to see and book AP rates before activating at the parks.

6 Likes

I think my husband said he linked it. So I just go in my MDE account and those rates will show up?

2 Likes

If you are signed into MDE and go to book a hotel ot should show you several types of rates available. Like right now there is room only, package, 20% early spring discount, and a 35% AP discount for dates in January.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I was able to apply the discounts before activating it… without a travel agent… or was it only to book WAT? :thinking:

2 Likes

TAs can see AP rates for guests who do not have an AP yet. They can book the rate for the guest who does not yet hold the AP. The guest must have the AP by the trip they have the discount for.

I have a guest who booked their AP rate through me and purchased the AP soon after, but well before their trip. They could not have booked the AP rate on their own when I booked it for them since they didn’t yet have it.

Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Yes, I apologize! This is what I was referring to!

2 Likes

I’m just throwing this AP question in here even though it doesn’t have to do with the room discount. I feel like the AP is going to work out with less days than I originally thought. So using Disney math, we might now get one for my husband :joy:

Please tell me if I’m missing something. When I look at a site like Boardwalk Ticketing, I’m getting a price of $1,306.57. That’s for 6 Park Hopper days in the summer and 3 Park Hopper days around Thanksgiving. The only pass that we are eligible for is the Incredi-Pass, which comes to 1,543.19 with tax. My husband used the Costco gift card deal, so it ended up being a little cheaper than that for him. So the pass is just around $200 more or even less than that if we use gift cards. So if we add even a day to any of the trips, or he wants to take a quick weekend trip with me, the AP is the way to go?

Thanks for helping! Because I am very new the idea of AP’s and could be way off the mark! Either way, I want to lock in tickets before Disney sneaks in a price increase :roll_eyes:

I also recently realized this math. Especially if you travel during a busy season, those tickets add up quickly. Hotel discounts for AP holders can be significant, but the best discount is if you eat table service frequently. So the math is real!

Only downside is the Disney math. DD and I have a trip we never would have taken if it weren’t for our APs!

1 Like

I always thought that you needed more days to make the AP work. Maybe the difference is that we always get the hopper.
And yes, it is dangerous to get another AP! We already realized that if we do take a third trip, the summer one will have to be a driving trip :grimacing:

The hopper definitely makes a big difference. My first year with an AP, I have exhausted all my built up airline points :grimacing:

Funny enough, when I did the math that led to me getting my AP, I calculated a regular priced 4 day park hopper right at Easter. Spendy ticket. In reality we got a 3 day non-hopper convention ticket for DH - way cheaper than my first math. But I have no regrets!

1 Like

I’m too afraid of the convention tickets, even though I completely trust that it works well for all of you that get them!

1 Like

I am actually going to a convention this time! Actually, my own work is hosting it. The additional water park day is sweet.

1 Like

That’s great!!

1 Like

We’re thinking of upgrading third party park hopping tickets to AP’s. Am I correct in thinking that we have to wait to do that in person?