Animal kingdom wilderness explorer

Does anyone know of a website where I an find the wilderness explorer booklet and/or map so that we can preplan our visit in coordination with getting these badges. Also how much time does it take first thing in the morning to get the book and map? Can we just pick them up ( we have a safari fast pass first thing in the morning) and come back to do the activity later?

The fun in it is the spontaneity

I don’t think it starts until 10am most of the time so you should be just fine with going to KS first. We haven’t done it yet but are planning on doing it on our trip in December and that’s the info I found anyway.

It doesn’t take that long to get the booklet. The people usually gather the kids, do a little WE pledge thing (and teach them some kind of hand signal or something) and then send them on their way. I don’t know of any plane to get a list of badges in advance, and the spots aren’t all open all the time in my experience. If you want to incorporate it into your TP, you can add 10 minutes breaks along with your various steps in your plan. Those stops are everywhere: at conservation station and rafikis planet watch, near animal exhibits (my kids love the flamingo one for some reason), along the trails, etc. Depending on how crowded things are, each badge only takes 5-10 minutes to get, but there are a lot of them. I don’t think you could do them all in one day.

Following…this sounds fun

Thanks all. with ADRs and fastpass selections to make I think I may just pick up a booklet nearest to where we are at 10:00am and look for the activities/badges as we tour.

1 Like

This. We got our booklets in what is now called the Gorilla Trail. Our son worked his over two trips and has just a little bit left to do before he is a full fledged whatever :slight_smile: It’s a great diversion and forces you to slow down and take it all in a bit. The tasks take very little time at all. It really added to our enjoyment of AK and, I think, helped to elevate it to 2nd favorite park status (just behind MK, because, it is WDW after all)

1 Like

Here is the map from the book we got last month (I assume all the stops are the same).

I agree with the others though, it doesn’t really require advanced planning. Basically as we had some extra time between shows or before a FPP or something we would find a nearby station and do it. We only had time for a couple, but they were all about 10 minutes or less.

Seems like you could plan almost a full day of walking around doing these and have a pretty fun time and see a lot of neat things.

1 Like

thank you! this is very helpful. I can add time to my touring plan based on where we are during the day

1 Like