Animal Kingdom Wild Africa Trek Vest

They provided a tether for your phone.

1 Like

They use the case to tether the phone. Pretty much there is a slim metal piece that sits on the back of the phone and then there is a string that goes from that metal piece through the charger opening. You could buy a $10 case and then use their tether. Voila!

2 Likes

That’s what I needed, thank you!

Happy to help!

1 Like

we took 3 tours in December 2023: wild Africa, Savannah starlight, and behind the seeds. I had made some little “gift bags” bc I knew that guides weren’t supposed to take tips exactly. Supposedly if you put it in an envelop it’s ok. The gift bags had some little Hawaii chocolates, but it was winter and so they didn’t melt. They also had little Starbucks gift cards (like 10-15) which were from our local Starbucks so they have a cool logo of the nene goose and a rainbow. I didn’t end up giving it to the WAT guides for same reasons mentioned above- there were a lot of people helping out and the stuff was in the locker, etc, etc. The starlight safari person was so happy to get the goody bag, and the Behind the Seeds was also so touched. I gave other tip “goody bags” to housekeeping and what not.

2 Likes

December 2023?:thinking:

1 Like

Peggy is from the future

Captain America helped her with some time travel

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I need to find Captain America so I can return to some key times in my past!

4 Likes

Ahhhh found one of the editors in the crowd lol!!!

December 2022.

But if I could time travel, I’d go back to 1955 and try to get my heels stuck in the concrete. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Speaking of Captain America :rofl: They let me keep my ears on. As you can see, there is a pocket you can put your phone in. We had brought a holder we got off Amazon, not knowing they would provide something.

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

That’s extremely unusual!
Was there much conversation around getting permission to keep them?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I asked before sticking my stuff in the locker and they said I could keep them on.

2 Likes

Would this work with any cell phone case?
The case on my phone doesn’t have any part that would attach it to anything.

I have one of these waterproof lanyards. Would it be allowed?
@OBNurseNH @stlouie

1 Like

Yup. You’ll loop the hangy part through the vest and drop the phone in the loop, tethering it right to the vest

That’s perfect!

2 Likes

They looped mine around the hole for the charging cable. It doesn’t have anything to attach it to either.

1 Like

Yes that works too

1 Like

Great, thank you!

1 Like

Yes that would definitely work. They looped mine through the hole for charging (very small string).

What a special addition to the trip!

3 Likes

Thank you! We are excited!

2 Likes

It should work. But don’t worry, the CMs have all sorts of nifty gadgets to keep their animals safe. I think they used something similar to this.

Enjoy!

1 Like