Animal Kingdom Rope Drop

Reading all the expert advice I made my AK touring plans for 12 on July 22nd, 2019 starting with an EM at 8am. The day is 60 plus 3 in my FP planning. I had Kilimanjaro safari set up as 3rd attraction between 9a-10am because the animals are supposed to be more active. I have FPs planned for 9, 10, and 11am so I can get more FPs ASAP. Navi River is planned for the first RD, then FP to FOP at 9am. Then I listened to more advice and moved my Safari to later in the day because getting to the Safari and riding it uses too much of my precious Rope Drop time. Now I am thinking the Safari is important to me to share with my family so I want to move it back to the morning. Anybody want to join in and share their opinion, I love hearing them all and obsessing on my plans?

I did safari at like 2pm, and the animals were still active…I was suprised, as I wasn’t expecting much activity in mid afternoon. We had booked Savor the Savannah that evening to see the safari animals. That was AWESOME - animals were running around in herds, very active at sunset, nice CM interactions, yummy food and drinks… If its in your budget, I’d recommend.

1 Like

What month did you go? I love the idea Savor Savannah but i used my optional budget money on EMH at MK. My plan would be perfect if I weren’t so concerned about the grandies seeing the most animal activity on KS.

i was there last week - end of April

1 Like

I was able to RD Navi, Expedition Everest, and Kilimanjaro Safaris before 9am on an EMH morning. Most of the animals were out and about.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I would be doing if there just a few of us but with 12 of us traveling with two 5 year olds I think we will be traveling pretty slow. They complain when I act like a drill seargent.

Unless the kids have some idea of how active the animals COULD be at 9am, they will be impressed later in the day, too. We missed our 9am Safari FP due to a ticket problem at the gate. Guest services gave us an anytime fp, but we didn’t end up making it back there until early afternoon. We still had a great time. Rode it again around 5pm in the rain, and didn’t see a lot more activity then.

1 Like