Animal Kingdom Lodge refurb

Just checking whether current or recent AKL guests can confirm whether the AKL refurb has been completed…and whether the pool area is affected as I believe it was closed at some point whilst the work was ongoing.
Thank you very much

Pool is not impacted, but not all the rooms are refurbished yet. I believe they’re working on Zebra Trail now and doing some exterior work at the back of the resort.

1 Like

We had breakfast at Boma a few weeks and there was work going on the exterior of the rooms. We went out to the savanna and there were several cranes. I have to say that I would have been upset to have paid for a savanna room only to have a huge crane outside my balcony.

1 Like

yes, some external refurb going on at both Jambo and Kidani. I think most is focused now on the common areas in the savanna viewing access areas, but some external room areas at both, sadly. I’m there in 2+ weeks and hoping it will be done but not counting on it.

1 Like

I’m thinking positive thoughts for you–hoping it’s finished (or at the very least doesn’t impact your savanna view).

1 Like

You know what I don’t understand? Why Disney doesn’t say that there’s work going on. I know a few people that have called to specifically ask and they were told there’s no construction when there’s obviously construction. Usually they post info on the webpage of the resort to let people know when work is going on. I’m checking in there in four days and if the work takes away from the overall experience at the resort, then I’m going to be pretty upset – they should make you aware so you can decide if you want to stay there or not. Seems like a bad move on their part not to officially acknowledge it.

1 Like

Thank you to everybody for your input.
In the past, I have been contacted by Disney several months in advance to warn me of refurb plans so am disappointed that they haven’t on this occasion. I booked Savannah rooms because the view is really important to me and this is going to be my final visit to Florida so I don’t want to see cranes from my balcony under any circumstances.
I shall find out in 8 days!!!
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: