Animal Kingdom Lodge - Help please

I recommend that. My mom loved our midday breaks. She drank her morning coffee out there. We only RD’d MK and I let them have that morning time the other days, then we took midday breaks in the afternoon and went back out for dinner and more rides. And then she’d have a glass of wine at night and watch them more. They have a spotlight and animals like zebras don’t sleep much. It’s always a good time to watch them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think @eightyeightkeys you should research the different Savannah’s and what animals are located in each savannah. Not all animals are on all savannahs.

Thanks for the heads up - I did not know this! Any recommendations for where to research this info?

Just curious why this would be a down side?

I did a search and found this:

Zebras and giraffes are not on the same savannah

That must be a recent change because on our last Kidani visit in 2018 we had zebras and giraffes on Sunset Savannah (as well as all previous visits since 2008)

1 Like

I didn’t find it a down side, especially in the early morning hours when you could see the Christmas tree twinkling inside. I have seen people say that they prefer a more “natural” view that doesn’t involve a building. I thought the view was 100% perfect.

And if you find bird behavior amusing (I do) the Egyptian Geese can entertain you all day.

1 Like

They were both on the sunset Savannah in December. Baby zebra, teenage giraffe, both adorable! Unfortunately I never caught them in the same picture.

2 Likes

Oh gotcha. I guess that makes sense

Based on your photo I agree!!

1 Like

The zebras have been “difficult” and I heard it reported on a recent My DVC Points podcast regarding Kidani that they have been placed on one savannah.

I’ve often heard it said that zebras don’t get along with anyone :laughing:

1 Like

I agree with you completely. Regarding your bigger question, if I stay at AKL (which is my favorite resort) I will only book a savannah room. Although there are some standard room that have partial savannah views, a lot more of them look over roofs, parking lot, or nondescript foliage.

Personally, I would do RD, come back to the resort around noon, spend time then enjoying the resort, and then go back to the parks around 4:00 or 5:00.

Yes. Sunset is the only one with zebra, but I believe that the giraffes are on all the savannahs.

Yes. Very cool to look at, but actually rather nasty beasts. I heard somewhere (Maybe the San Diego Safari Park) that if they are born in captivity and raised around other animals it isn’t as much of an issue.

1 Like