Animal Kindom EMH every day?

What’s throwing me off is that none of the attractions have their times updated so it looks like everything opens at 9…I just want to feel like I know what’s going on!

Oh blah. We’re going in early May and the day we have FP for FOP, it’s still not an EMH day. I would have loved it if they’d added those hours on May 7! I shouldn’t complain, we still do have a FOP FP, so I’m grateful for that.

Yay! Hours just extended for May 7th. (Sorry to anyone whose plans that upsets.)

Hoping to see a report from Len, Brian, and company soon regarding what off-site guests should do in this now unavoidable situation.

2 Likes

FWIW for anyone without a FPP for FOP consider getting in line shortly before park closing. We were there this past week and the posted wait time was 110 minutes just before the park closed–we waited 60 minutes. The queue is fabulous and we didn’t waste park time.

This may be our only hope . . . how many minutes before park close did you get in line?

It was about 10 minutes.

Good to know! Thanks!

It would be great at have a subject matter regarding this from Len and his team. FOP the most popular ride in WDW and now a large percentage of people will struggle at rope drop in June. I am not sure how many visitors choose to stay off site ( 1/3?) just a guess, so that’s a large number of people who will always be one step behind. We have just managed to jam a date end of May with no EMH but it still opens at 8am - this means rope drop at 0630… you do what you have to do, as there is no chance of a FP at 30 days out! I am sorry this has messed with your plans, last thing at night before park closes wouldn’t work with my two kids but it may work for you and your family as seemingly this is another good option that’s already been mentioned by those that have experienced it. Good luck

Thanks for the tip! If we try it, I will try and remember to post an update on our experience. :slight_smile:

Hi All - I just called Disney to confirm and AK does NOT have the EMH for all of June. I specifically asked about the days that I’ll be there, but it appears this is just a Touring Plans glitch. Weird how it’s been so many days and hasn’t been fixed. Is it common for them to have errors like this?

It isn’t a Touring Plans glitch. It’s the official Disney site that shows it!

Virtually every day in May and June, other than around 4 days per month.

Unless there is a glitch on the Disneyworld website. This day guest can dream, can’t he?

In a Facebook group, it was brought up that a strategy is to make sure we day guest visitors plan to visit on a day that another park offers morning EMH. That should split the resorts guests between two parks.

Exactly!

At the moment it is on their site, EMH every day bar 3 or 4 days. I still think it is a glitch.

But as long as it’s showing on the official site, then TP has little choice but to use it.

1 Like

It’s not helpful I have my first 30 day fpp on Friday and have had to change to an animal kingdom day as it’s not emh…not having a go…doesn’t appear to be a glitch with touring plans as the others have saI’d it’s all.over the Disney websites

Well day one if off to a great start with both FOP and Navi down all day. Following along to see what becomes of thia everyday EMH, We are there the week before Memorial Day.

If the Disney website doesn’t have the correct hours and it would just be a glitch, they really need to post something on the site stating that. If people change their plans based on these hours and then it turns out not to be right they are going to have even angrier people upset with them.

1 Like

Same for us, we lucked out that our AK day was one of the few that stayed a 9 am opening! Luckily we got FOP FP+ so we were not planning an early RD either way.

1 Like

This will actually work out well for us. It will make it an earlier day, but should secure FOP for us since we missed out on FPP. We have Navi at 9am and Tusker at 10:10. I was worried about RD craziness at 9:00 opening, but feel good about 8:00 EMH. Will take the first bus and go right to FOP. use FPP at 9:00 for Navi and will have no problem getting to ADR at Tusker.

1 Like

After watching this thread and looking for real tips on FOP without EMH/Fastpasses (sorry onsite guests, we don’t really care how great this is for you), I finally found something helpful. Check out this video posted on youtube from Brian with TP: https://youtu.be/G9Gx7_iPu5I

It’s a few minutes into the video but Brian does talk about tips for offsite guests who don’t have FP and can’t utilize the EMH for Animal Kingdom in May/June.

Basically, he says to:

• Still get there early before park opening. You may be let in earlier than regular park opening and still have a reasonable wait time.
  • Watch wait times throughout the day. Around mid-day there can be a couple of dips. As low as 45 min waits.
  • Continue to look for fast passes.
  • Last resort, wait until the end of the night to get in line.
1 Like