And so this is Christmas…

Wait, I’m in SC now? Oh, didn’t know Charlotte was so close to the border.

So hi :wave: @QwertySC

10 Likes

Hello!!!

5 Likes

I’m in SC, too. I’m assuming you’re going down 77?

3 Likes

We stopped near Columbia SC for a quick restroom break and it was my turn to drive.

The afternoon drive from Columbia to Savannah hasn’t been fun. Traffic is HEAVY, crowd level 8. The problem is that there are only 2 lanes, and I’m a middle-lane kind of driver. Right lane, too slow; left lane, I’m not fast enough.

And then there was this:
Me: “Siri, play the-songs-that-Gabby-likes playlist”
Siri: “Feels like having sex now playing”
:flushed: No, Siri, that’s NOT what I said.

And we stopped again.
Rest area on I-95 South 1 hr from Savannah

I’m tired. DH is going to drive until Jacksonville, thank goodness

16 Likes

Of course you’re on 77. I should have actually looked at the map. :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

3 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes

Oh hi :wave: @SirGreggLadyV! I know there are many liners in the Carolinas, but couldn’t remember who exactly.

4 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

It turns out that nearly all hotels in the Jacksonville area are sold out! I mean, there are a few really scary ones still available ($68 a night, reviews 3/10, cleanliness poor).

Is there a big event going on there?

I found a decent place in Brunswick GA, only 30 min from where we are now and 4 hrs from Orlando.

Probably a good thing. It’s been 12 hours since we left and we are exhausted.

11 Likes

Fourteen hours is hard. We do it often doing SC to NY and it’s not nothing. :heart:
I’m typically too cheap to stop, but I do cry uncle at times.

4 Likes

Hiiiiiiiiii! Glad you enjoyed Pinkys! I finally was able to visit my parents for the first time since Thanksgiving so I got up early to get over here and have been in the moment with them. Safe travels!!

8 Likes

Epic Siri fail! :rofl:

3 Likes

What? People have a life outside of this forum? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Ha ha
Enjoy the time with your parents! Hope you’ve had a good day with them.

5 Likes

I’m impressed you made it so far today. I feel like the drive from NC to FL is excruciatingly long. There always seems to be a ton of traffic on 77 and 95 too.

2 Likes

Yeah, it felt really long once we passed Charlotte.

How bad is the traffic in Jacksonville Sunday morning? I plan to leave at 6 am to be safe.

2 Likes

Never been through there in the morning, but I woukd assume early on sunday morning would be a safe bet for easy traffic.

2 Likes

FL always stinks. So many people. So few highways.
Do you have toll pass?

2 Likes

I don’t have toll pass, but I’m hoping there aren’t many traditional tolls anymore, only those that take a picture of the license plate and send the bill later.

5 Likes

Bruh! Are we there yet? :joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

The hotel we stayed in GA is really nice. New construction, very clean, kitchenette and breakfast included - for only $150

A dog barked just now reminding me - It’s also pet friendly

Gabby said: “oh, we could have brought Hugo” (our cat)

15 Likes