Am I wasting my time?

I’m trying plan our days at the parks next month. I’m entering the rides I want in the order I want them in my TP, then trying to extrapolate what time I would need an LL for each ride. Then I plan to organize an LL plan of attack (order in which to try to get them, whether or not to use 120 min rule or focus on specific drops, etc.) Is it worth my time, or is G+ such a crapshoot that all this time will have been wasted?

3 Likes

To me …it was a crapshoot.

3 Likes

I’m totally a list person and I’m against traversing the parks back and forth to see and do things. This is where I love my TPs. I can group everything I want to do and get a good aprox of time it will take to do these. As far as adding LLs, I think good research is helpful. Make a list of must dos for the day and which order you should get each LL/ ILLs. I like having a plan. I would definitely be conservative with the return times and plan things in that area before and after the conservative return time, that way it’s easy to switch things around on the fly. The Lines app lets you easily add them. I’m not sure I would optimize during the day but rather move a few things around to accommodate the LL return times and reevaluate. Another thread is suggesting that waiting (I think it was like 10 mins) to get the first LL produced better return times. I’ll try to find it and tag you. Planning ahead will definitely prepare you for the parks. Set walking pace slowest.

4 Likes

Me too. We are a big group (8) with ages ranging from 15mo to 70. We have 2 ECVs and a double stroller. I cannot zigzag back and forth across the park with all that in tow!

2 Likes

I completely agree with this plan of approach.

I started my day with a list of times when I would be able to pick up an LL, then assigned an LL to that slot (based on what distributes the fastest) and then added my ideal times for an LL for that ride.

I would then make a touring plan and plug in those predicted LLs to see if it would work.

But I also spent an entire day well before my trip monitoring distribution patterns for the major rides. I was on a road trip, not driving, so I was able to check i every half hour to see the drops and what an expected return time would be at a give time of day. So that “ideal” time was based on a reasonable prediction.

Its a lot. But.it worked well and relatively stress free. Day of, I just went down my list. Ocassionally I had to wait for distribution to get late enough for the time I wanted. That was the biggest pain.

4 Likes

Did you use any of the drops?

I didn’t bother to do touring plans and only used G+ one day. It’s a crapshoot on what you will find. Looking for LL’s is like getting when you got extra FPs. We just planned our rope drop attraction and one or 2 more after that and went with the knowledge we had from prior trips and information from fellow Liners. We did all the attractions we wanted and then some in 6 days. Again, only using G+ one day as an experiment.

2 Likes

I applaud you for trying to make plans. Genie+ is so unpredictable though with return times that trying to fact that in would make my head spin.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think I need to start drinking earlier today :rofl:

6 Likes

Apparently you should stay away from Gin though… :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Your trip is so fabulously long that you will have multiple days in the parks. I feel like that makes it easier not to have specific plans.

2 Likes

Exactly. She doesn’t need gin; she has a margarita machine!

6 Likes

Tequila!

3 Likes

A much better choice!

2 Likes

Yes and no.

This makes it a bit harder to just go with the flow and where the Genie takes me. And all the littles are annoying if I have to stand in line with them for too long!

3 Likes

I was there on New Years Eve and people were buying spiked drinks at Pongu Pongu at 8:30 - I say go for it!

I did take advantage of some drops (like getting an earlier TSMM) but didn’t rely on them, except for the 7:08 to 7:15 drop. I did found that at the top and middle of each hour there were small drops (between ×:58 to x:02 and x:28 to x:32) so warched out for those.

Sometimes the drops get in the way, likenl you want a later time and then the drops bump it up!

3 Likes

Just saw the size of your group. Definitely an extra challenge. I think having the core plan for the day, without trying to do it all, will be key!

4 Likes

Well, please don’t let the useless Genie take you anywhere–it makes crazy suggestions. Using Genie+ can certainly help with wait times, but you can do that without a step by step plan.

2 Likes

100% agree

2 Likes

I think once you get there, things may go more smoothly than expected. Don’t have a plan that is super heavy on G+. Have an idea of things you can skip if time gets tight and things you could add if G+ saves you a great amount of time. I like printed plans that way I can make notes in the margins. But last trip I just used the note feature in TP.

3 Likes