Am I the only one asking this question?

Pretty sure this is the first ride that we’ve gotten since ILL/LL became a thing, so it’s the first to open with both VQ and ILL which would have necessitated the taps at both areas. Once they eliminate VQ there is no reason they couldn’t just cover them like they did the FP+ taps when the parks reopened and they weren’t needed.

1 Like

IMHO - For all the reasons mentioned and they probably drew up these plans years ago. MB wasn’t gone then. I currently work at an engineering firm. To go back and remove/add/ change something takes a lot of signatures / approvals = time lost / $$$

IME - It’s literally easier to build it than go back and change it. (especially if you think “maybe” you might want it someday anyway)

This leads to an interesting question (to me anyway)…now that Disney is not giving away Magic Bands for free, what percentage of guests are still using them? I know they sell them…but are most people still using them, or have they abandoned them for their phones or the key card?

I find a band easier to use than having to pull my phone out.

3 Likes

I still see lots and lots of people wearing them in the parks. I just like them so much myself.

1 Like

I use my watch these days but if MB+ does anything worth seeing I could go back to wearing one.

I know that DD prefers when families have them or they all carry their card instead of one person trying to scan a party of 5+ on one phone.

1 Like

I used to do that when we had paper tickets (not that long ago, actually…first time we ever had MBs was for our 2020 trips). I didn’t trust my kids wouldn’t lose them, so I kept all the tickets in my wallet. So, each time we used a FP+, I had to pull them all out and scan everyone in one at a time. MBs are so much nicer! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it’s nice not having to pull out cards!

Back in our west coast days using Maxpass I was the one with the phone scanning in 4 people :joy: we wished DL would get MB’s!

1 Like