Am I a member, or not?

I am out of the loop on this one. What does Pete have against (?) Terri?

Terri did not manage DVC well through covid. Left a lot of questions unanswered a lot of the time, poor management of limited cast, member services failures, etc etc

He generally has not approved of her in that position of leadership

2 Likes

Ah. I see.

For years, I pretty much ignored the DVC side of things. I guess I should pay attention from now on! :slight_smile:

At least DVC is consistent. I did not get the email.

3 Likes

It’s 150 points now.

Which is also the smallest number a new member can buy direct now too. And they won’t allow those 150 to be split into 2 contracts of 75 either, according to reports.

So someone wanting to build up to 150 will need to buy a small resale contract first and then you can add on. Again the minimum for adding on is now 50 at all resorts, which they also never specifically announced.

Where are they showing 125?

1 Like

Unless you have a blue card, you aren’t eligible for a Sorcerer’s Pass. They really shouldn’t be sending out that email unless you qualify for one IMO. :pensive:

Now I am fairly reliably informed that if you are signed in and go to the Passholder page via the banner that says “APs are back” or whatever….

You get the info about the Sorcerer’s Pass. And if you scroll down you’ll see wording that says that buying the Sorcerer’s Pass is a “Membership Extra” and that those are only available to blue card holders, with a simple (but not exhaustive) explanation of what that means.

Alas, the U.K. site is not yet updated with AP info, so I can’t check it myself.

I swear DVC thinks this is going to make people with resale contracts add on direct

Like a bad advertising campaign- look what you might have been able to do…but if you add on another 10k or so you still MIGHT be able to enjoy these

2 Likes

It is on this page: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers

If you scroll to the bottom, you see this:

I really think you are right, and I’m not trying to argue with you, just point out that Disney isn’t doing themselves any favors by not making it clear. (The two stars are just about monthly payments.) Nothing about Membership Extras!

Disney Sorcerer Pass

If you’re a Florida resident or Disney Vacation Club Member, conjure your own brand of special magic with this pass.

Renewal Price: $764 plus tax—or $68 per month with 12 monthly payments and 0% APR on the Florida Resident Monthly Payment Program**

Highlights of This Pass:

• Visit one or more Walt Disney World theme parks on the same day with an advance park reservation*
  • Pass is valid for use most days, subject to blockout dates on select days during select holiday periods—view blockout dates
  • Make 3 types of park reservations (all can be combined):
    • Make and hold up to 5 park reservations at a time on a rolling basis** (reservations are limited and are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates)
    • Passholders staying at Disney Resort hotels or other select hotels are eligible to make park reservations for each day of their Resort stay(s), in addition to holding 5 park reservations at a time
    • Bonus reservations will be added to the calendar from time to time, allowing you to make extra reservations on select days at select theme parks. Bonus reservations do not count as a reservation hold
  • Standard theme park parking
  • Discounts on dining, merchandise and more
  • Customize with add-ons like Disney PhotoPass downloads and the Water Park and Sports option

Question: How does one show their membership when asked at retail, etc.? Is it in the MDE app? A DVC app? Online? Hard copy only?

I just logged onto the website and I can see the Sorcerer Pass as an option to purchase in my account.

1 Like

I have always shown them my membership via the app (you can link it there if you haven’t already)

(shhh… even when I was just a lowly white card holder like you)

Answer the question asked: are you DVC? Yes - and here’s proof. :angel:

2 Likes

So I agree with everything posted here about being a second-class member. But I had a very unusual and extremely lucky for me situation during the closure period. I called the AP line to reinstate or buy a new one since I had canceled my mine during the closure. She saw I was a DVC member and asked if I wanted the gold or platinum pass. I told her I would love the gold pass if I was eligible. I reiterated “if I am eligible” numerous times to give her a chance to see I was 2nd class and ineligible, but she went right ahead and processed it for me.

Now when I went to redeem it they asked if I was a member and asked for my blue card. I said I didn’t have one and she asked how she would know my membership ID. I pulled it up in the app and she entered from there and never asked another question about it. I think I just got extremely lucky, but it doesn’t hurt to call and try to buy a sorcerers pass. Just be prepared to possibly have to pay the difference when you go to redeem if you don’t get so lucky.

2 Likes

I had the same thought as I read the email.

1 Like

I’ve always had to show my blue card and matching photo ID.

1 Like

I’ve never ever been asked for either. I show the membership on MDE and that’s it

1 Like

It’s further down. Let me see if I can find what someone posted.

So this is what I saw

When you sign into your DVC acct click the banner that says “Park passes are back”.
Click WDW annual pass.
Scroll down and you’ll see this:

Important Information about Membership Extras:

To purchase the Disney Sorcerer Pass, Disney Vacation Club Members must be eligible for Membership Extras. Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits.

That wording will only be available if you are logged in.

1 Like

At Storybook Circus the CM wouldn’t give me the discount because I didn’t have photo ID on me (no point because I wasn’t going to be buying an alcoholic drink in MK).

So I had to get DH over and he showed his blue card driving licence. Rather than cancel the transaction the CM put it through with the discount.

1 Like

Yes it certainly can happen. Just never had to me.

1 Like

For resale it is website only. I pull it up and screen shot it. Also, I made sure to link my DVC membership in MDE. You get some automatic online discounts with that and once a CM at a restaurant saw I was DVC through that system and gave me the discount. Very hit or miss.

1 Like