Am I a member, or not?

At WL I had my blue card, AP, magic band. I did not have my license. She would not allow any discount. She told me to go get my license.

At Kidani I have been asked “you’re DVC right?” As they applied the discount with no proof.

2 Likes

On my second to last day in July I was in the Kidani gift shop. I showed them the app (as I had been doing all trip), and she told me a photo ID was required as well. New policy she said. Didn’t mention a blue card though.

1 Like

It’s definitely CM dependent.

I was never asked for anything in June/July this year beyond showing my phone screen

2 Likes

Two questions:

• Do I understand correctly that the 50 points add on to the resale contract of say 100 points can satisfy the 150 points requirement for the blue card? Or all 150 points should be direct?

• The add on can only be done at the same resort and same use year?

All 150 need to be direct. It can be easier to add in three 50 point contracts over a year or two (of course it could be 175 points a year from now). Also, smaller contracts tend to have a higher value so the difference between direct/resale is less.

You could also purchase 150 at one time but get them to split it into three 50 point contracts for that smaller contract value if you already have resale. Of course you would have to pay closing costs on each contract.

3 Likes

I think I recently heard (DVC Points Podcast maybe?) that they will no longer do this and allow it to qualify. That the 150 has to stay together on one contract.

So I think the answer is that when I log into my DVC I get NOTHING about annual passes since I’m a white card.

But I have been able to use the digital white card in 99.9% of retail and dining situations. I definitely usually need my licence but only one CM has denied me with a white card and that was because she reached in her wallet and pulled out her own blue card, lol. And I don’t need to lie, they always just ask, are you DVC? Yes sir or ma’am.

3 Likes

Yeah. Because this takes us back to the title of this thread.

Technically, I am a DVC Member. I have a DVC Membership ID to prove it. So, yes. I’m a member.

But SOMETIMES they Disney is talking about “DVC Members”, in terms of benefits, they mean something else. Yet they use the same terms, really.

Yes, I’m a DVC Member. But I’m not a blue-card-carrying member. I’m a white-card (well, white screen?) carrying member.

Maybe they should adopt another naming scheme. You can be a Member, or you can be a Member+. With Member+, you get Member+ privileges! :wink:

Anyhow, if I’m asked if I’m DVC, or a DVC member, I’ll say yes. When asked to show them, I’ll pull up my Membership ID on my phone. If they then decide to give me a discount, great. If not? Not a problem.

Frankly, the place I’m MOST LIKELY to save money with DVC is dining…but then, I already have the Disney Premier Visa card, so I get the same discount most of the time from that anyhow.

2 Likes

As with many things you are a member on a certain tier, with some membership perks an privileges. Others are on another tier with more perks and privileges. But you are both members

2 Likes

If you are buying as a new owner you must now buy all 150 together.

You can add on a 50 point contract and then add another 50 point contract though.

Yes but not to qualify for blue card is what I understood the host to say. Regardless of status that you need to buy 150 on a singular contract to get blue card. I might have misunderstood. I’ll see if I can find it.

This is the way. For me anyhow!

1 Like

Has anyone who is a white card holder been successful in making this purchase? Asking - honest and true! - for a friend here at work.

1 Like

Right?!?! SO annoying.

1 Like

It won’t even show up as an option for me. It lists the Incredi-Pass only. And there is an option to try and prove that I’m a FL resident, but nothing to say, hey wait, I’m DVC!

The friend at work says it shows as an option to purchase for her online. I wasn’t sure if it would let her complete the purchase. I told her to try!

I’m not actually given the option to buy it, either. Just the Incredi-pass. I confirmed it sees I’m logged in for DVC as well, so that isn’t the problem.

It is weird that it is so inconsistent. (Okay, okay. That’s just silly of me to say…but what I mean is, if this were ANY OTHER COMPANY’S IT, it would be weird! :wink: )

1 Like

Doooo it! And don’t look back.

1 Like

Not following this.

As a new member you have no choice but to buy 150 points on one contract. Therefore ALL new members will from now on be blue card holders.

And any existing owner can add on, with a minimum of 50 points.

If you already hold 100 “qualified” points and add on 50 points direct, you then qualify for a blue card. It doesn’t matter which resort you choose.

I know they like you to keep the same use year, although I know people who persuaded them they had a reason for getting a different use year and were allowed to do so.

Are you saying they now insist you add on at an existing resort if you don’t already have at least 150 points? :astonished:

Someone on the DIS DVC Facebook group just reported success with this today. I am sure it will be wildly inconsistent, but wanted the share.

1 Like