"Aloha!" Aulani Sept 5-15, 2022 (completed TR)

Menehunes

I thought I took more pictures of them. I know my DD did

3 Likes

We celebrated my daughter’s 6th birthday when we first got on island. We didn’t have a candle though- not that organized!! We got a sweet little cake at Liliha. Great memories! We lived in the Hale Koa for 31 glorious days. They don’t let military use the pool now that they refurbished it-- just for guests only. Such a bummer! We used to go there basically once a month at least.

2 Likes

I like the one in the elevator. They are so fun. I got my son a “mischief maker” T-shirt from Aulani bc it has a Menehune on it.

Tricksters indeed! It’s a fun nod to Hawaiian legends. Would you expect anything less from Joe Rhode!?

2 Likes

I don’t remember posting this but I do know @Jeff_AZ wanted to know about this. My DGS would hop out each lap of the lazy river and put the towels flat and then jump in to swim again :laughing:

5 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

That seems like a pretty good system! Hoping it will catch on elsewhere!

1 Like

I realize this post was done a while ago, but I just stumbled on it. Thanks so much for all the tips! My DH and I will be arriving in IHL on Nov 24, checking into Aulaini with DVC points (bought from a friend) on Nov 27-Dec 2 when we fly out. I have an airbnb with parking booked in Honolulu from Nov 24-27, but wondering if it would be worth it to pay more to stay up north. We really want to explore mountains, hike and see nature stuff, and also want to try lots of local food. Any thoughts? We are definitely on a tight budget. TIA!

2 Likes

I know this was a year ago, but we are staying at a standard view studio in three weeks. This one looks amazing! Do you by any chance have a record of the room number?

I looked in my “Your room is ready emails!” It was room 365. I think that’s Ewa short tower. It was so quiet and tranquil. I hope you have a wonderful stay

Thank you! I appreciate it. I am.gking to call amd request that room. We will only be at Aulni for 2 nights, but I can"t wait for the trip! First time i. Hawaii. DH has been because of his career Army dad.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
I hope you get the room or maybe even a better one. Pixie dust is everywhere.

1 Like