"Aloha!" Aulani Sept 5-15, 2022 (completed TR)

:thinking: so you got dessert flavors in your hamburgers?

4 Likes

Wanted to provide a visual of me having Chinese food with a fork. I’m having homemade dumplings and greens for lunch. If anyone else was home, they would be using chopsticks!

11 Likes

Nope. I’ll take a pic

12 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

I like onions in my burgers but I’ll pass on the cookies seasoning.

3 Likes

Let me clear this up :smirk::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Ok that makes waaaay more sense.

4 Likes

Ohhhh.

3 Likes

I asked his directions for the sliders. He did say there are many variations. But he added garlic powder and the Cookies to the meat and pressed it into the jelly roll pan, baked at 375 degrees for 30 min. He caramelized the onions to place as one of the layers. He cut the Hawaiian buns in half as one unit, placed the bottom in the drained (of grease) jelly roll pan and cut the meat to fit the size of the rolls. Then the onions and cheese, topped w/ the top buns. Baked another 10 mins or so for cheese to melt and buns to brown. He said if he had a brush he would have covered the top w/ melted garlic butter too.

I really DO NOT want to leave today! :weary: The kids will head to airport at 2 and we won’t leave until 7. We booked the extra night so we could swim, pack, eat at our leisure.

DVC ,Richard, told us that the Ko’Olina longe, in the airport, is available to all guests at Ko’Olina, if there is availability. Something to know if you are staying here.

…interesting… my iPad will allow me to add more than 2 photos per post, but my iPhone won’t :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

13 Likes

The recipe sounds a lot like the one my DH makes (not the cookies though).

Gorgeous photos. Sorry the trip is over.

4 Likes

They will be opening AMA AMA soon, I was hoping for a soft opening while we were here but no…. We did see them taking publicity photos, from our spot at Off the Hook. Kids water park area should be reopening soon too. And the fitness center was supposed to reopen yesterday, I’ll see if I can look and see. Need more popcorn :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Sadness.

1 Like

Yay No grouping this time. But there is NO AC is this airport. I’m crabby so I’ll stay off :smirk:

1 Like

Found some AC. Weak AC but better than sitting out in open air

2 Likes

Waiting at gate. Full flight to LAX.

6 Likes

Yikes :flushed: DH grabbed a whopper meal ., only $21 (airport pricing). I’m eating an apple and banana :banana: left over from week’s grocery.

5 Likes

For me that would be an extremely brave move to make before boarding a plane :poop:

6 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:. I didn’t even think about that.

2 Likes

LAX announces all ppl ages 2+ must :mask: mask unless activately eating or drinking. I’m guessing 10% are following that mandate :face_with_monocle:. And no enforcement, so there’s that. All the airline crew had masks :mask: on.

The first leg of our trip was horrible. Hot and crowded. Comfort+ my :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. DH said we should buy 3 coach tickets next time to have a buffer. Can you do that :face_with_monocle:. The flight home is ruining the high of an awesome holiday. Dealing with flying makes me want to stay home or drive. :disappointed:

5 Likes

You must be able to somehow. I understand it is an option for Pooh-sized travelers. I have no insight as to how that works.

4 Likes