Allergy Room Cleaning

Has anyone requested an allergy cleaning at one of the UOR resorts? Did it help? Do they charge extra for it?

DS12 and I have dust mite allergies. I am hoping to minimize the normal sinus issues we experience in hotel rooms.

I didn’t know this was a thing, but I’m super intrigued.

Especially since I know people who are allergic to dogs, with HRH being a dog-friendly resort.

2 Likes

I’m allergic to dogs/cats and I made that request last year when we stayed at Royal pacific. I think there was an option to indicate that when doing checkin online (I can’t quite remember). They followed up by email to ask me about my allergies. The text of the email is pasted below:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando!
We were looking over your reservation and see it was notated that you have an allergy. We wanted to confirm with you the exact allergy so we can prepare the room for you. Please let us know how we can assist with your future reservation.
We look forward to having you with us soon.

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot to reply to your specific questions. I didn’t have any allergies (I’m also allergic to dust mites, but it’s not very severe), and they didn’t charge extra.

1 Like

For anyone allergic to dogs such that staying in a room where they have been creates major issues, you should be requesting the deep clean in ANY hotel you stay in.

Service animals by law are permitted in ANY hotel room - not limited to “pet friendly” hotels, so while the number of service dogs traveling is likely not huge, there could have been one in any room on any night.

4 Likes

I called RPR and requested it for our stay in May. We’ll see if it makes a difference.

1 Like

Post trip update. They claimed to have done the allergy cleaning, but the room was dirtier than any other hotel room I’ve had in the past 3 years. There was dirt smudged on the phone key pad and water rings from glasses on the dresser like it was never wiped. The shelf in the closet above the hangars was dusty. I complained to the front desk and they sent up housekeeping to do another cleaning. When we got back to the room those issues were still there. I was kicking myself for forgetting to pack the bleach wipes that I usually travel with. Of course I got the same allergy symptoms I usually get from staying in hotels. I’ll keep requesting it at other hotels and see if they do a better job than Loews.

That is horrible.

One trick I’ve used when every blue moon I might want to use the bedspread. I call the front desk and tell them I’ve spilled my drink on the bedspread and asked them to bring a new one up. Then when I hear them knock, I spill a glass of water on it, and hand it over. I do this because I know they don’t always wash those. I’ve sometimes wondered about the sheets too. You could do the same trick only for all the bedding. That way you know that the bedding is clean.

1 Like

Love this trick! Thank you.