Allergies When Booking TS

When booking TS, can you put in any allergies after you book your reservations or do you have to do it during? I don’t want to waste time adding the allergies while I am trying to book all my ADRs if I can just do it later.

You can go back in and edit it after you have made all your ADRs. You can also call and they will add it on for you. Even better, you can email Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com after you’ve made your ADRs.

I just spent a few minutes checking out my ADRs…I don’t see a place to enter special requests. There is a spot for special requests but it says there are none for this reservation and doesn’t give an option to change that. Maybe you can call and add it later?

It’s on the 3rd page under your email and phone number and before the Guest Policies and checkbox.

Phone number to call is (407) 824-5967, 9:00 AM to 5:00.

I don’t mean when making an ADR. I mean to go in and add it after the fact. If I click “change reservation” there’s not an option to add a special request. If I go to “view details” I can view all of the dining details (including special requests) but it does not give me an option to change any of that. Am I missing something? On the app if I try to modify it also does not give me an option to do anything other than change the time, date, or # of people.

Hmm, they must have changed that from the last time I made ADRs. Why do they need to make it so hard?

I dunno. I’m lucky that we have no allergies in our family. I can’t really do dairy but I won’t die if I eat it, I’ll just be visiting the facilities more frequently. :smile:

2 Likes

A few years ago I forgot to add the special diets on a few of our ADRs. (They really do not take too much time to add if you have a top 8 allergy. I have even used Reservation Finder and added allergies and still gotten the reservation.) I had to call to add allergies to the reservation, I could not add them myself.

I’m in the same boat.

I’ve never been able to modify after - it is pretty simple to add up front as you go and doesn’t take that much time. I’d suggest just doing that.

In the past on ADRs I forgot to add the allergy details it was never an issue though - just mention to them when you check-in and they can add it then and make sure you get taken care of…

It’s loads of fun, huh? I keep telling myself that at least it’s not gluten! I can’t imagine not being able to eat bread or pasta!

I’m actually not great with gluten either. I get stomach upset and joint pains. Sigh.

Also, keep this in mind (from Disney’s Special Dietary Requests) page:

Contact Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com after booking dining arrangements for their visit and at least 14 days prior to their arrival if any of these apply:

• Any allergy or intolerance not listed above under common food allergies
  • Phenylketonuria (PKU)
  • Metabolic disorders
  • A single Guest with 4 or more allergies/intolerances
  • Multiple Guests with allergies/intolerances within the same party

:slightly_frowning_face:

I actually didn’t know about this, but will definitely be emailing them when we go next spring. They did a great job of accommodating me with just the check boxes that I put (dairy and other since onion/garlic weren’t listed). I got to speak with a lot of chefs, and on the Star Wars tour one of the cast members was amazing!

We didn’t either, and it took a lot longer for my husband’s meal. We are definitely doing it this year. Last year we just called dining, and they added the restrictions to the ADRs. Both of us have a combination of issues, his are harder than mine.