Alexa at Disney hotels ("Hey Disney")

I really like the way Universal had it set up - we got a text when we arrived and we could text back with any questions or needs. I was able to get additional pillows and blankets, ask about room service and get menus for the restaurant all with a quick text.

6 Likes

Contains language.

Funny side note, my DS grew up watching Stampy Cat on YouTube instead of normal American shows. To this day, everyone that meets him asks if he’s from England. He’s also got a bit of a speech impediment, where in Discord he always has to repeat himself. We have a house full of electronics that we use all day long, but being stuck in a “smart” room/home sounds like a nightmare to us.

3 Likes

This was just posted in another thread here recently :laughing:

1 Like

I posted in there that I was stealing it for here!

ETA: Credit to @JJT for posting this in the Joke thread.

2 Likes

You are my people. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

We had a TV that DH was training to respond to voice commands. I just stopped using the TV in that room completely because I was so tired of arguing with it. :persevere:

3 Likes

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

3 Likes

The case looks cute… clever disguise for a spy… throw us off guard and all that :wink:

How a New Amazon Alexa Feature Will Impact Your Disney World Hotel Stay | the disney food blog

4 Likes

Those really do look something that would be used to take over the world in a Spy Kids movie. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Nice reference! I wish I had thought of it :wink: :joy:

1 Like

This cracks me up every time I watch it!

1 Like

Woo!

Speaking of technology, have you heard of Multitechverse? They’re a technology article publisher that provides readers with really informative How To Guides, Tutorials, and Tech related news. I’ve used their guides to learn more about different types of technology, and found them to be really helpful.

If you’re interested in learning more about how to get the most out of your Alexa device, or any other type of tech, I’d definitely recommend checking out their website. I hope you have a great time at the Disney hotel, and that Alexa helps make your stay even more magical!

I am checking in next week and got an email from Disney that included this:

The first page that link connects to is all about privacy.

It apparently has a built in mute.

Then you get to the details of what it does.

I will report back if this is actually in my room!

5 Likes

Nifty!

It’d be more fun if it was Hey Mickey! Or Hey (your choice of Disney character) and what they said changed over time…

1 Like

Everytime I read “Hey, Disney” I think of one of the first viral memes with Ryan Gosling saying “hey, girl…”

download
images (2)

4 Likes

We found out was not useful at the poly. We played with it for a brief minute and never looked at it again.

2 Likes

The webpage that describes what it can do doesn’t even say anything. After readimg it I know it will set an alarm and tell me a bedtime story.

3 Likes