Alcohol sales stopped in all FL Bars (not Resorts)

It might be mine too. :joy:

2 Likes

Well, no alcohol puts Disney back where it was for all of you retro sentimentalists :slight_smile:

14 Likes

One of those drink carts outside the China pavilion. Similar to how they have the Vodka and Grand Marnier slushie drinks at a cart outside France.

Or, at least this was how it all was last time I was thereā€¦:thinking:

Bourbon, coffee and tea. Or without bourbon, but why?

1 Like

Not to put too fine (or political) point on it, DeSantis couldnā€™t find his pooper with a map and both hands. OOOPS, Did I say that out loud. :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Precisely.

Ergo my dealbreaker has been identified

1 Like

Well thereā€™s that.

(yes, you did)

1 Like

The way this seems to be trending, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Florida orders the resorts closed next, and a longer delay in getting the parks opened. Another case of locking the barn long after the livestock has escaped.

2 Likes

Over the past few months I have been on a number of conference calls on the effects of COVID on national economies and global economies. It was clear all the way back in March that companies ā€“ small, medium, large, and even global ā€“ were saying we hate the lockdown, but the worst of all worlds for business is to close, re-open (at extra expense to implement safeguards and procedures), and then have to lock-down again. In surveys, many businesses predicted that a second close-down would mean they could not open again. We may find out.

5 Likes

UPDATE: Iā€™m seeing now that this is restricted to bars that do not serve food

I am seeing a lot of ā€œsmall platesā€ menus in our future!

7 Likes

I donā€™t know about FL, but an article I read about TX said anyplace where 51% or more of sales came from alcohol had to close.

2 Likes

Ok a LOT of small plates

And fries too

6 Likes

Instead of a cover charge, bars will now have ā€œminimum food orderā€ requirements. :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh hell noā€¦donā€™t take my Disney buzz away. Walking with a cold beer at AK, EP and DHS is like my favorite part. Plus the main reason for TS at MK. OMG panic mode.

BYOB would be amazing. Maybe some sort of a purchased cup you need to be I.D.ed to get which would allow you to bring your own drinkā€¦how much would you be willing to pay for that$$$$ :thinking:

1 Like

I think it may only apply to the bars at Disney Springs. The bars at hotels will probably be OK, because the hotel wonā€™t derive more than 50% of itā€™s takings from alcohol sales.

Not sure about F&W or the carts in future world though.

No vacation is complete without a hurricane - the drink.

1 Like

Oh boy. Letā€™s not introduce hurricanes into this whole messā€¦

2 Likes

LOL! Truth.

Theyā€™ve never checked my wine filled to-go coffee cupsā€¦

4 Likes

Yes. This is making you look like you really know how to do Disney right! :wink:

4 Likes

I mean the drink not the storm.