Alaska Photo Package?

Is the photo package worth it to pre-purchase for the Alaska cruise? My family of 4 adults is going on this cruise in the end of August this year and we aren’t really planning to do many character meetings, so we are wondering if we should just plan to buy a few individual photos. I have tried to google Disney Wonder Alaska photo package photos and can’t really see many, so I have no idea what to expect.

1 Like

I can’t speak to Alaska specifically (however I’m planning an Alaska cruise for 2026!) but we didn’t do very many character meetings on our Bermuda cruise on the Dream and still felt the package was worth it. There are a bunch of magic shots around the ship, as well as usually a backdrop every night before dinner for family photos plus they will take your picture at dinner every night. If those interest you I would buy the package but also on other cruises we’ve been fine with just buying a few pictures.

You can also buy the package mid-way through when you get a feel for your pictures, you just won’t get the pre-purchase discount.

1 Like

Someone said on a different thread ( @lolabear_la maybe?) that you can pre-purchase the photo package and then cancel it before the last day of the cruise if you don’t feel there are enough good photos to justify it.

1 Like

I love locking in the discounted price ahead of time! For the shorter cruises (we’ve only done 3-5 days), I believe it’s in the range of $199 with that discount for access to all your photos digitally.

Then onboard you can see your photos as they’re loaded to your account either by checking on your device from a QR code they give you OR their handy kiosks near the photo counter. If you’re not loving them, then you can cancel so long as you haven’t downloaded any onto any of your devices. You would also need to cancel before the photo desk closes the last full night of the cruise, usually that’s 11pm. And the line is LONG that night. So I’d figure it out by that last morning and find sometime earlier in the day to go sort that out.

You could also downgrade to get just 10 of your photos or get even less printed out at the photo counter. However, the cost for just the 10 photos is only $50 less than the discounted, all the photos price, so if there are more than 10-15 we like, we keep it!

To make it worth it, I pay particular attention to when photos will offered (there’s some in the atrium, & magic shots in a few different places but they are only offered for 2-3 hours each day). Also, the photos wouldn’t include excursion photos, so if you’re wanting those that would be a separate deal to arrange with the tour operator if they do any photos.

1 Like

Photos on the decks in Alaska are definitely worth having. On our non-Disney Alaska cruise we took sooooo many photos outside.

1 Like