Alaska cruise excursion question

Hello all, I’ve been away from the forums for quite awhile. I’m back for some Liner wisdom about Alaska. My family of 6 is cruising on Holland America this July (2023). We would like to do a mushing/dog sledding & glacier walk excursion while we are docked in Juneau. Does anyone have any advice about which company to choose, or which glacier to visit? The cruise line’s excursion is booked so we are on our own which is a little overwhelming!

Thanks in advance for any personal experience or advice!

~lottendpr & family (myself, DH 43, DD 15, DS 13, DS 9, DS 7)

1 Like

No help - but I can’t believe you e been gone 2 years!

Please tell us about your cruise when you’re back!

1 Like

Have you looked on Facebook for your sailing’s group? I found tons of helpful info in my group for my last cruise.

1 Like

Oh my. I hadn’t thought of Facebook, just joined 2 groups. Either my communication skills & patience are shot to pieces these days, or people are not as bright on FB as I’m used to from Touring Plans! I’m getting such garbage answers! :roll_eyes: Trying to ignore the garbage & hoping for some slivers of wisdom.

1 Like

I’ve not been yet on my Alaska cruise (booked 2019, postponed many times) but I am currently booked on the same excursion you listed, for Aug 2023 with Princess. Look at the Cruise Critic website, go to Boards (or forums, I can’t remember what it’s called), then to ports of call, Alaska. There will be tons of info about this popular type of excursion and all things Alaska cruising. Basically, though, I’ve seen this question before, and people say it doesn’t really make a difference which glacier you land on. I just booked the one through my cruise line that was cheapest.

2 Likes

Have you looked in cruisecritic?
They aren’t as helpful as before the lockdown, but it’s at least very active.

1 Like

Also, I know Disney Cruise Line holds back a few reservations (Palo, Remy, excursions) for booking while on board. I don’t know if Holland America does the same? Might be worth exploring.

1 Like

Thank you all! I will check if HAL holds any reservations for on board. I will also check CruiseCritic by port of call. I had only looked by ship & sail date. Liners are the best!