Aladdin Live Action

Really? I haven’t seen it yet(will wait till it’s rentable) but that’s good to hear.

Though I was/am concerned cause I did catch the “one jump” scene and it was rrrrrreally cringy. Aladdin was my favorite Disney movie(probably still is), and I’m not sure I’m sold on the change in jasmines motives.

I really liked jungle book, batb was pretty meh, and Cinderella was good but I felt that a lot of missed opportunities were in it.

I wouldn’t worry - from what I understand, Jasmine’s “motives” are merely lipstick on a pig and not developed or played-out.

What do you mean?

Messaged you to not have spoilers on here.

1 Like

Just saw the movie with my 5 year old GD. We both loved it. I believe if Robin Williams would have picked his genie replacement he would have chosen Will Smith.

2 Likes

That’s why I’m not sold on it. I have no problem with a different path, but there has to be follow through and for it to make sense in the context of the story.

1 Like

Heh, yeah. tried to replicate POC’s success. It…did not go so well. (I personally think it’s because they tried to make it a comedy, which kinda goes against the HM’s feel)

I usually have no problem with the Disney IP tie ins in the attractions, but the Movie-of-the-moment ones kinda get on my nerves cause it feels like pandering. Like that Stitch one they had with the toilet paper.

This. I’ll be in line with you. :smile: