AKL Transportation Options For Speed

Thanks for the list!

1 Like

I did back in Nov ‘17. I haven’t this trip (Feb/Mar ‘18). I think it depends so much on the time of day. Yesterday morning the app pushed me out twice because I didn’t reach a driver, but I did the 3rd time. I’m getting the hang of when to hit the request button though - judging when my family is going to be ready to get to the spot vs. not wanting to wait. BTW - until you get the note that tells you the car #, you don’t have a reservation secured. So no need to be waiting on a car until then.

2 Likes

We had trouble with the app in September (2017) as well. I think it was due in part to the limited fleet at that time. It seemed as though the app had frozen, but a CM reassured me it was still looking for an available car.

In January it seemed to go much more smoothly when my friend called for a Minnie Van. Our CM for that ride was also far more impressive than the one we had in September, who said not a word and was less friendly than the Lyft driver we used later in the week.

We lucked out & had really great drivers this week. It made the rides so much fun. I’d definitely comment if you don’t have a personable one because I think that is part of the perks of the service and what you are paying for IMO. If the drivers don’t continue to be the same caliber, I might question using them over regular Lyft or Uber for most destinations.

1 Like

Yeah, the one I had with my friends in January was much more conversant. We learned about the job and about the fleet and the rumors of expansion — which played out over the next several weeks.

Our driver last October was amazing. He took us to and from MNSSHP and asked us all about it while telling us fun stories. We loved him!