AKL Club level or Contemporary Garden view

I have always stayed a Jambo. I used to have a rule I had to stay at a Jambo once a year. Mara is my favorite QS and I know the pool is not really special but it is rarely crowded and there is always a seat.

1 Like

We adore CR garden view garden wing. it was our favourite place to stay before DVCā€¦and we bought BLT to keep the CR location.

1 Like

I like the Mara a lot, but prefer POR QS. I thought their pool was one of the higher rated pool.

POR or AKL? For pool? I prefer the quiet pools at POR and I would put POR QS in my top three!

1 Like

Iā€™d pick CR Garden Wing out of the 2 choices you mentioned. Location is key at Disney World unless you are just doing a ton of resort time.

Well, this thread has really made me re-think our plans. We were all set on AKL, but now starting to re-think and see if Contemporary would work.

With young-ish kids (9 and 5) itā€™s likely MK will be the park we visit most (although Toy Story Land may change that).

The location may out-weight the ability to purchase more fast passes (although probably too pricey).

Thanks

2 Likes

You canā€™t go wrong with either choice. CR has a great location (itā€™s the big reason we have BLT as our home resort). We have stayed at AKL more though. Itā€™s very relaxing. If you have planned some time to just hang out at the resort, then AKL is great choice. Staying CL can be a plus but only if you will really use the benefits. If are in the park from RD to park closing, it may not be worth it.

AK all the way! The food is wonderful, the staff is attentive and the concierge is within arms length. Buses are not so bad. We figured out we can get just about anywhere on property by taking the AK bus and transferring. The AK bus runs every 10 minutes - our trip to BCV took less than 20 minutes.

1 Like

I am totally going to remember this for our next trip!!!

I think it comes down to what you value more: themeing or convenience.

To me, not having to wait for a bus to get to and from the Magic Kingdom is, well, priceless. But if you wonā€™t be spending as much time at the Magic Kingdom or prefer the view out your window, then I guess go with Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I think if you were considering, and could afford, the 3 extra FPs that may change the equation. Do you expect to do at least 6 hours of touring (maybe park hop) and a night time show for at least three days? Six FPs booked 1 hour apart would be just the starting point for those plans. Would you make it back to the CL?

I donā€™t mean to throw a wrench in here, but if you are doing an 11-day trip, might I suggest a split stay?