AK touring plan? What do you think?

I wrote up an AM and PM touring plan for us, in between we will take a break for lunch at Sanaa. Not sure we’ll really take that long for our afternoon break, but we’ll see.
https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3430017
https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3430052

Forgot to say. This is for DH, me, and DD10. We haven’t been to AK since she was 4, which predates Pandora. I’m planning on us RD-ing Navi. We only have the one day planned there.

(1) I think you are cutting it too close for Festival of the Lion King if seeing that show is important to you. You might make it, you might miss it (due to either arriving late or the show being full by the time you arrive). But if you don’t care if you miss it, then I think the morning plan is fine.

(2) I don’t know the current situation with Rivers on Light in terms of how early you need to show up to get a seat. At one point, you had to show up very early without a FP, but that may have changed. I would try to get more input on that.

Try combining the two plans into one selecting the ‘leaving the park’ option for the early afternoon break, then see what the Optimizer has to say about it.

1 Like

AM: I worry about that FOTLK plan after the safari. One never knows how the Safari will go. I would probably plan to arrive well ahead of rope drop, ride Navi, and then head straight to FOP, which will have you ahead of this timing. Then I would do FOTLK, Safari, and Gorilla Falls. Note that the Wilderness Explorers occurs as you go, and there are at least three badges your kiddo can get in this plan (Pandora, Safari, Falls).

PM: Are you going to try for a FPP for Dinosaur? I personally would never wait 28 minutes for that ride. In fact, going forward I may not ride it at all but that’s my preference. YMMV. Hopefully a FPP will put you at the bird show in time. I’m not sure if this is a show where they allow people entry after it has started; I would think probably not because it could disturb the birds, but maybe I’m wrong. I’m not sure I trust that meet and greet wait time for Outpost. Might be good to try for FPP for that too. Of course your plan thereafter is pretty fluid - you won’t need 60 mins at Satul’i which means you have some time built in before Tree of Life Awakenings; that may be cushion enough to account for a wait at Outpost. I’m not sure about the wait times for ROL - may need to head to that first and then go to the Awakenings after - which honestly is our favorite way to end the evening at AK

This is a good idea, too.

1 Like

I’m struggling with getting everything I want to do in one day :confused:. I kinda think Dinosaur will scare the :poop: out of my daughter and I don’t know that she’s going to be convinced to do EE either. Potentially we will return on Friday, but are leaving that day open to be spontaneous​:roll_eyes: (I’ll tell you how I really feel…). At any rate, when I did the whole day together it had us running back and forth across the park, which I think will be a bit much for little legs, but I’ll try it again and post that for you guys in a bit.
Thanks for looking! Full day of appointments ahead, so it’ll be later today before I can mess around with my touring plan.

That’s kind of the point of it - you get a great ride photo to embarrass her in from of her friends when she gets older :smiley:

Do EE before Dino - she is more likely to enjoy EE, and then will balk less about Dino. Do Dino first, and she may never trust you again… :rofl:

3 Likes

Don’t we all when doing our WDW planning :slight_smile: Realistically, I think you have too much packed in there. You could go for it and hope the timing works out just right … just don’t want you to set yourself up for disappointment if you have to skip a couple attractions.

1 Like

It’s a fine line between fun-scared-for-a-photo and so-scared-she’ll-never-ride-it-again. I don’t know if that can be judged in advance though. You just never know with kids.

My DD24 told me yesterday she was NEVER going back to ITTBAB because the bugs running under her butt when she was little have her creeped out for life!:rofl: Dinsosaur, though- no problem. I would never have guessed that.

2 Likes

LOL! DD17 said never again for ITTBAB. Nope, not gonna do it. She enjoyed Dinosaur, but not enough to ride it again this year. She’s fearless with rides, so the ITTBAB was a surprise to me.

1 Like

What’s funny is that last time we went she was 18 and she suffered through it. But this time, no way. She’s had it.

1 Like

I did ITTBAB when I was a late teen/early twenties. I can relate. I WILL NEVER do it again either. My husband doesn’t even know that it exists because I refuse to mention it. LOL

2 Likes

LOL! We did it the first time in 2004. I didn’t have an issue with it. DD (now 17) was on my lap, I think. It didn’t phase anyone. Trip in 2017 we tried it, but it made me feel queasy because of the 3D. DD was freaked out by the spiders and the bugs under the seat.

1 Like

Haha that’s the advantage of being the planner!
What Universal? I never heard of that park! Are you sure it’s in Florida? :rofl:

3 Likes

Here’s what putting things into an all day plan looks like. Too much walking? I’m expecting this to be our “hardest” day-lots of rest the next day.
https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3423768

Animal Kingdom is a large park - regardless of the plan there is lots of walking

This is a lot of criss crossing the park. Have you let the software optimize it for you to decrease your steps?

I like your original plans better…otherwise that is a ton of criscrossing.
For morning plan I would do safari before gorilla falls trails then you have more control over being on time for lion king show. Also be sure to pick up wilderness explorer in the morning as lots of those can be completed on the trails.
For afternoon plan…try for 4th fast pass for dinosaur and from what I’ve heard the new Up show isn’t very good so that may be something skipable if you end up needing to skip something.

2 Likes

This is the softwares version :joy: