AK or MK on a Sunday or Monday in June

Hi Liners! We are coming in on a Sat so Sunday would be our first day. We are West Coast so I wanted Sunday to be a resort/pool day and planned (made a reservation) for MK on 6/7. Now my sister wants to join us and reservations are sold out for MK 6/7.

Now I’m considering a MK or AK on Sunday. MK is closer to us (WL) so may be a little easier waking up. Or we could switch our park day to AK Monday but we really want to hit MK one of the first couple days and I’ll have to rearrange. My sister is leaving late Monday and only wants one park day.

Thank you! I’m a first timer and really appreciate your expertise!

1 Like

Keep checking on park pass availability. They tend to open up more availability for Park Pass buckets as the dates get closer and there’s a better feel for expected crowds. Plus, people change their plans and availability changes accordingly. We just switched our MK day from 6/7 to 6/6 yesterday hoping for maybe slightly lower crowds and it just fit better with our plans.

2 Likes

Thank you! I am hoping that more availability opens up too! I’m also concerned having our first park day sold out! I feel like I’d rather go on a day not sold out!!! Of course June is pretty far out so a lot can change.

1 Like

Definitely keep checking. These June days selling out has me :weary:

3 Likes

Yes, keep checking, but I’ve noticed that wait times at AK are lower on Sundays… just a FYI

2 Likes

Yes I saw that AK is a 1 on Sunday which makes me lean toward AK on Sunday. We could do AK on Sunday and do night MK once my sister leaves.

1 Like

How early would we need to get up to rope drop AK from WL? Line up at 6:30 am or earlier? That’s waking up like 3 am west coast- so early!!!