AK no longer a "half day" park?

In the past we have spent about half a “Disney” day at Animal Kingdom. Typically we get there at open and wrap up the day around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. We then head to Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping later that night. With the anticipated opening of Pandora, is AK now a full day park? Would it be better to plan our Downtown Disney evening after a HS day? That park is typically an earlier day as well, however we haven’t been there since they added some of the Star Wars attractions. Any other suggestions? We are heading down for 7 nights in November 2017. Planning 3 days at MK, 2 days at AK, 1 day at Epcot and 1 day at HS. Thanks in advance!

I don’t think you’ll be able to finalize on that thinking until you know if (1) Pandora is open and (2) you get your FP sorted. Maybe make one plan where you have to RD Pandora and wait for an hour? And then an alternate plan w/FP at a good time (but still anticipate 20 min in line even with FP, like for TSMM or Frozen). And think about what if you can only get a FP at like 8pm, would you still want it? (That is what happened to me with Frozen ride last year, I ended up scoring a last-minute FP for it, but at a late time and had to rejigger our day.)

I think you could do your DHS day with a stop at Disney Sprrings, as Avatar is likely to be open in November (likely, being the key word :slight_smile:). I think taking a break during your AK day is still wise, as that’s a lot of walking, but AK at night is already beautiful, so I can’t imagine how much cooler it will be once Avatar opens.

There’s just not enough at DHS to justify a full day, IMHO. Whatever you decide, enjoy!

I just want to take a moment to plug Kilimanjaro Safari. We went over Christmastime. EMH at AK started at 8. By 9, we were in line at the Safari. It was a WONDERFUL time. The animals were up and eating. In fact, the keepers were still cleaning exhibits and setting out diet.

1 Like